X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M bonnet side gills

removed mine today to refurbish,

attached by one screw and plastic clips,

the plastic clips (51138399231) are £3.16 each and if not stocked by dealer need to be ordered in packs of 10!
    Last edited by Dave P; 17-10-2020, 06:47 PM.

the chrome section is held in place by four plastic wedges
    which are very brittle part number 51132495559 £1.75 each from dealers

Last edited by Dave P; 17-10-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Scotch padded the surface to provide key for a couple of coats of black satin spray,

washed and polished chrome with Maguiars NXT metal polish and cotton bud for internal corners removed any dirt,

Last edited by Dave P; 17-10-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Dave P; 17-10-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the details Dave, I've got all the parts "with spares" for the side gills from BMW and waiting for the sunny days to remove it someday :)
          I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
          sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Great writeup dave. Mine are filthy. You have just persuaded me to sort mine out, when it gets warmer.
            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Nice!! Any tips on how to restore/replace the colored stripes of the ///M badges on these?!
              '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black S52 M-Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by MCoupeStud View Post
                Nice!! Any tips on how to restore/replace the colored stripes of the ///M badges on these?!
                Here's one option:
                http://neverdone.bigcartel.com/produ...pe-replacement

Comment

Originally posted by xsamsonx View Post
                  Genius!! Thanks!!

Comment

The small were wedges broken on mine, so used some small cable ties to hold the fin in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      removed mine today to refurbish,

attached by one screw and plastic clips,

the plastic clips (51138399231) are £3.16 each and if not stocked by dealer need to be ordered in packs of 10!
                      how do I remove the side grill please

Comment

more info here also http://mz3.net/z3-side-grillsgils.html

Comment

Pop the bonnet and it really is self explanatory - I thought there were 2 screws though and several plastic push in/out clips?!
                          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

picture shows screw and clips, easy to remove but there is some adjustment from side to side so you need to position correctly when refitting.

Last edited by Dave P; 02-12-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Any ideas how to easily remove the Motorsport try-color stickers on these? I purchased a new set to replace the faded ones, but they are so old that they won't come out in one piece...they are chipping away slowly.

EDIT: Never mind, found a good method and just finished replacing all 3 stickers!
                              Last edited by MCoupeStud; 18-11-2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X