White coupe project / build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White coupe project / build thread

Not sure if this is the right section for a build thread.

I've been after a coupe as a project for a bit now (didn't help being able to drive my bro's one) and eventually picked one up today :)

Some of you may already know the car from its previous owners on the forum (maahny and mcoupe mus)

It needs a bit of work and parts finding for it but mainly the engine and box (which i already have).

Looling back through the threads about the car it seems to of had a few changes over the years, its no longer got the headlights or LED side lights but does have a RX7 engine and box fitted (sort of) which i belive was fitted before the previous owner bought it.

A few pics of how it stands at the moment

Hopefully i'll be able to get it in the garage next to my bro's coupe then i have something to look at to work out where all the bits of plastic / trim go inside.

If anyone has any info / history about the car i'd be intrested to hear about its past.

Just a few more pics of the car and stuff that came with it

Seems straight forward what bits go where haha

Comment

Brave man...

Whats the condition of the shell like ?

Comment

Haha nice easy project to keep me busy over the winter :) my e30 was in more bits when i bought that the other year and managed to get that on the road after 3 months of work (beats watching TV) the S50 conversion was the interesting part

The shell seems to solid n straight from what i can see, going to get it up off the floor and take all the underside panels / covers off and have a good look round it before giving it a good covering of underseal / waxoil.

Will try and keep the post up to date with progress

Comment

One big job but looking forward to your regular photo updates....!

Can't believe someone butchered it to put that engine and box in it, a backwards step in my opinion.
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
            One big job but looking forward to your regular photo updates....!

Can't believe someone butchered it to put that engine and box in it, a backwards step in my opinion.
            Did think that myself but wasn't sure who or why...
            BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
            ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

That engine bay just looks sooooo wrong !
              Col N.
              Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
              ex Audi S4 Avant
              ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
              ex Porsche 968

Comment

It will be on the road by christmas then ay peet ?

I was amazed how quick you finished the E30 so this should be a walk in the park .

What suspension and exhaust did it come with in the end ?
                Will be round on saturday for a perv.
                Previous: Silver s50 Mc
                Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
                -------------------------------------------
                Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Should handle ace though with that tiny engine and they can make big power and bit a lot lighter too.

Comment

Well, it makes access a lot easier

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
                      ...What suspension and exhaust did it come with in the end ?
                      so it was you! who they were hinting about

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                        Well, it makes access a lot easier

lol it does look incredibly small doesn't it! It's not "dressed" though but even so it looks lost in the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
                          It will be on the road by christmas then ay peet ?

I was amazed how quick you finished the E30 so this should be a walk in the park .*

What suspension and exhaust did it come with in the end *?
                          Its fitted with sebring boxes (they look ok)

Springs are H&R and shocke are*Bilstein (don't look to of seen much use)

Haha it might be ready by then but it will be staying in the garage till spring.

Yeah bob round, but no taking any bits for yours, will be keeping my eye on the cruise control

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                          Should handle ace though with that tiny engine and they can make big power and bit a lot lighter too.

The RX7 engine isn't staying (the mounts they have made are a tad shocking, its just bolted on flat plate which seems to bend if you rock the engine), i have a S50 ready to go in when i find a flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Peet View Post
                            S50 ready to go in when i find a flywheel.

any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E36-M3...item2a15746010

Comment

Thanks for that dave, waiting on a lad in preston to get back to me about one at the mo but will keep that link.

Well bit of a up date, just decided to take the exhausts off to remove the heat sheilds and turns out the person who welded the boot floor hasn't done a good job :( it looks a bit of a mess so going to start by taking all their rubbish off and fabricate some new parts and get my bro to weld it all up, whilst i was removing the underseal i've removed the sound deading / anti vibration stuff inside which has a few splits under it (something to keep the bro and his welder busy with)

Will get some pics of the mess after

Comment

Working...
                              X