Photobucket hosting ban!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket hosting ban!

I imagine I'm not the only one to suffer with this. They have send out an e-mail (I got mine yesterday) to say that terms and conditions have changed and that free 3rd party hosting not allowed unless you change to I believe a monthly subscription. Seems a bit like blackmail to me.

I've deleted a large number of pictures from my bucket to see if that makes any difference to whether I still have the "temporary ban".

I've used Photobucket for years and it has been getting more & more difficult to use with the constant pop up ads. Maybe a good chance to move somewhere else.

So folks which is the best FREE image hosting site?

Looks like a lot of photos on this forum might unfortunately eventually disappear as people say sod it, they are not getting money from me.
    They certainly won't get any from myself.
    Last edited by petecossie; 30-06-2017, 10:41 AM.
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

I'd go for Flikr.
    Here's my lot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/olimarisdown
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Yep, my signature has gone. Really annoying as I've put loads of progress pictures on here

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Like Seca Blue, I'm with flickr as well. It's not the easiest platform to get share URLs from, but great free image hosting
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I have loads of pictures in Photobucket so this is a real pain but as others have said uploading and editing had become very difficult for quiet a while, I have filled my allotted space on the forums gallery so have been using Flickr for a while which when using their "old uploader" is fairly quick and easy to use. Not sure what effect Photobucket's removal of its free service will have on the internet as loads of pictures on forums will have just disappeared ?

Comment

I agree - Flikr. It is actually pretty easy to get URLs from - if you view a photo, click the "share" button, and there is a tab for BB code. You select the size you want and it automagically generates the BBcode to paste straight into the forum!
            '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

I hope not all old threads go the same way

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9058

Comment

Gutted!

http://z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Looks like all my illustrations on this forum which were hosted by Photobucket have also evaporated.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I've looked on my account details and I'm entitled to 2GB for free and I'm using only 33% of that but they still have the temporary ban in place.

I'll contact them at some point to see what the situation is. I suppose they want you to upgrade and pay some money. Not me!!
                    Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                      So folks which is the best FREE image hosting site?
                      I recommend www.imgur.com to everyone and have been since it opened up. It is slowly getting worse, but it's almost a decade behind Photobucket in being awful. Photobucket has been awful for about 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by BenFenner View Post
                        I recommend www.imgur.com to everyone and have been since it opened up. It is slowly getting worse, but it's almost a decade behind Photobucket in being awful. Photobucket has been awful for about 10 years now.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Seems like to get 3rd party hosting you have to pay a bundle of money!!

Plus 50 offers 50GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting
                          50 GB*- $59.99 / Year

Plus 100 offers 100GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and No 3rd Party Hosting
                          100 GB*- $99.99 / Year

Plus 500 offers 500GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and 3rd Party Hosting
                          500 GB - $399.99 / Year

Think PB they will lose a lot of users, shooting themselves in the foot.
                          Will the advertisers keep paying their big sums of money for less coverage?

Definitely going to look at some of these other sites.
                          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

A BBC news item that covers the whole unsavoury business. Even affecting EBay & Amazon sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668
                            Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Its killed my journal which will no doubt please some people but a lot of time and effort went into taking these pictures

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14947

Comment

Working...
                              X