mileage on reserve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mileage on reserve?

hi all quick question; how many miles can roughly do once orange reserve light is on? Also, am i correct in thinking that total tank size is 51 liters? How much of that is reserve?
    Thanks!
    Adgild

Wondered the same thing myself

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...aximum+mileage
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Why not do a test.

When the light comes on, go and fill up.

Record the litres filled and you should be able to work out how much fuel is left when the light comes on.

Then you can work out how long you think that litre-age may last ya!

Comment

Originally posted by adgildio View Post
        hi all quick question; how many miles can roughly do once orange reserve light is on? Also, am i correct in thinking that total tank size is 51 liters? How much of that is reserve?
        Thanks!
        Adgild
        I think its about 7 liters when it comes on. you can easily get about 30-35 miles of normal driving in once the light has come on.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
          Why not do a test.

When the light comes on, go and fill up.
          In 8 months of ownership, I've never got to the light coming on. I must be the most risk-averse MC driver out there!

Jez
          1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

Not sure if it's the same with all MC's, but I find the needle is fairly linear from Full to 1/4 full, then it'll drop like a stone. I just assume 1/4 tank is nearly empty (which is totally at odds to my diesel which will give me 150 miles at that point!).

Comment

Originally posted by miketheman2k View Post
              Not sure if it's the same with all MC's, but I find the needle is fairly linear from Full to 1/4 full, then it'll drop like a stone. I just assume 1/4 tank is nearly empty (which is totally at odds to my diesel which will give me 150 miles at that point!).
              You can drive it until the needle is to the left of the empty mark. Not recommended but useful to know.
              Ex 2001 S54
              New cars:
              Lotus Carlton
              350Z

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
                You can drive it until the needle is to the left of the empty mark. Not recommended but useful to know.
                Yeah I've had it with only 1.5 litres left in the tank...Never again! lol

Comment

I once ran out of petrol after 248 miles on a full tank. I now always fill up before 240 miles. The fuel gauge needle does go well to the left before you stop though.
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Comment

According to owners handbook, 8 Litres is for reserve.

Comment

Working...
                      X