M Coupe scale models 1:18/1:43/1:87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
    That picture showing the cars in size order accurately reflects the various shades of Estoril Blue!
    😂😂😂 I know it’s funny the variation in colors.

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
    Wow, quite a collection!

Which 1:18 Estoril Model is the nicest in your opinion?

Thinking of treating myself!
    The OttO by far. The color is closer to the real deal, and the details are amazing.

The only thing is that It is made from resin, and you can’t open any parts, but 99.9% of the time you don’t have them open anyway I would assume.

I love the OttO so much honestly, plus it’s limited to 2,500. I sold one of the duplicates on eBay for $80USD, so you should be able to find one for about that.

FYI, I also sold a duplicate E39 M5 from OttO for $440USD that i had bought years ago.

The Z3M OttO also comes in Phoenix Uellow, where the UT comes in silver/black/Imola/Estoril.

Comment

• If I was to buy a scale model it would have to be the original 1990's UT 1:18 scale sold by dealers and toy shops. The colour is correct for the original Estoril blue shade and the overall finish and detail surpasses the late Otto version added to the fact the bonnet opens to show a fully details S50B32 motor and steering wheel actually turns the front wheels. I like some of the details on the Otto but the colour is more akin to a late 3 series than a original 1998 M Coupe. Even the packaging on the Otto is poor is comparison. The metal models from UT are of a higher quality than the later 3d printer offerings. Just my opinion.

colour by comparison,

Comment

• What's left of my collection - was over 100 but sold around a third

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          If I was to buy a scale model it would have to be the original 1990's UT 1:18 scale sold by dealers and toy shops. The colour is correct for the original Estoril blue shade and the overall finish and detail surpasses the late Otto version added to the fact the bonnet opens to show a fully details S50B32 motor and steering wheel actually turns the front wheels. I like some of the details on the Otto but the colour is more akin to a late 3 series than a original 1998 M Coupe. Even the packaging on the Otto is poor is comparison. The metal models from UT are of a higher quality than the later 3d printer offerings. Just my opinion.

colour by comparison,
          Even your photo shows the drastic difference in the detail the OttO offers over the UT. The paint finish (shine/everything) is far superior on the OttO. Anyway, to each their own 🥳

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            What's left of my collection - was over 100 but sold around a third
            Amazing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sleepy740 View Post
              Even your photo shows the drastic difference in the detail the OttO offers over the UT. The paint finish (shine/everything) is far superior on the OttO. Anyway, to each their own ��

The UT models I have in Estoril are an exact match to the colour of my 1998 M Coupe , the Otto is much darker and not even close hence my comments on the colour being better on the UT , I cant comment on the shade on other peoples cars as many may have had paint and later cars may even be slightly darker but using the 1998 colour as being the original shade of Estoril the UT is perfect. Another dislike of the Otto is the thin plastic windows which compared to the rigid ones on the UT appear to be a far cheaper production method.

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Z3-M-Cou...4AAOSweZhfKJcX

Comment

• Oh cool! I customized one of my extra's in the beginning of the COVID deal as i was home so much:

I had big plans, but didn't finalize the decals or additional paint.

On a side note, i found out about these pins (couldn't believe i didnt know of them before!). they also have an Imola version, but they are very difficult to find available, and there is a massive cult following in the states for these little guys, so it took me forever:

NOW i think i have every Estoril ever lol
                    Last edited by sleepy740; 20-08-2020, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Cheap little Imola model on ebay,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KNIGHT-20...gAAOSwO7deswwi

Comment

• Rare Green 1/43:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203146245715

Comment

• Got the Imola Leen Customs pin finally!

Comment

• Rare one in black,

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Speedeez-BMW...0AAOSwIwtfxi0J

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X