Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 For Sale - 62k miles

My 62k mile S50 is available to buy.

2000/X. Titan Silver with black leather. Harmann Kardon with CD Changer.
    FSH. The previous owner had it for 12 years and I’ve had it for 2.5 years. Always garaged and I’m only really looking to sell as it just doesn’t get the use it deserves – if I didn’t also have an S54 then I would certainly not sell it as I really love these cars!!!

It’s in excellent condition and drives as it should. Any inspection welcome.

Price-wise, I’m happy to discuss the car and sensible offers will be considered – this isn’t eBay though so emails with "£25k cash today mate" may be suitably ignored.
    Last edited by PJ Westerby; 10-12-2018, 04:16 PM.
    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Following my previous, somewhat half-hearted, post (see above) I think my S50 really should find a new home as I just don't find time to use it.

It sailed through its MOT this morning with no advisories and is now MOT'd until 3rd October 2019. With just 62,044 miles it has covered a ridiculous 11 miles since last year's MOT so you can see I simply can't really justify it being sat unused in the garage.

It spends most of its life under cover in the garage on a C-Tek monitor and today started without so much as a cough! I trundled a mile round the corner for the MOT and have now put it away - such a shame!!

I plan to put it on Autotrader or Pistonheads but thought I'd just bump it on here to see if anyone's interested....

Comment

If you aren't desperate to sell you should just tuck it away for winter and wait for spring. Traditionally this is always the worst time of year to sell any car, let alone our sort of car.

I recently advertised my roadie for sale and received virtually no response. Apart from "I'll give you 9.5k if you bring it down to london". When you consider the average roadie price is about 14k and I would have settled for 11.5. This gives an idea of the current market I've bedded it down for winter and will make another decision whether to sell in spring.

Another thing to consider is that prices of Coupes have just gone too high. Perhaps we are having a market readjustment and get them back down to the 15-20 k price point that far more.people can afford.

But perhaps everything is quiet on couoes.........even this site has been a bit quiet recently.

Unless you want to give it away, I would waste time or money trying to sell now. Although, if you do adveetise, I do wish you luck and hope you get a sale. At least you are staying in the club with your s54!

Comment

So, it's been on AutoTrader for a couple of weeks or so at £29.5k and I've had a call from an auction house who suggest an estimate of £28-32k. The catalogue closes tomorrow and I think I'm going to give it a go. Obviously there are fees involved and commission if it sells, so I've dropped the price on AT to £27.5k for the next 24hours which I think is good for a 62k mile, low owners car. If anyone is interested feel free to drop me a line.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...had=New&page=1

Comment

Auction details,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-coupe/9216887

Comment

Timing's not great and I've had to move quickly on the purchase of another car and I have a firm dealer offer on my S50 of £26k which I will probably accept, unless anyone here wants it. Here’s the twist though - having now entered the car into CCA’s December 1st auction I cannot withdraw it without incurring exorbitant fees. So, if the car doesn’t sell at auction it will be available for a very short time before it is taken to the dealer.

The dealer knows the car is going to auction and has kindly said they will honour their underwritten offer if it does not sell – my new purchase will be completed by the end of November so the S50 will actually be an outright purchase for them which would suggest that their buyer sees it as desirable / profitable. They’re not a BMW dealer so have obviously called their usual buyers of this type of car and have actually had two identical offers.

If the car doesn't sell at auction I must remove it from the auction house on Monday 3rd December so my plan is to use the same transporter to collect it and take it straight to the dealer to drop off and bring back my new car.

So, I just thought I'd flag it on here to give people an opportunity to either try their luck at auction (the reserve is keen but there will be buyer’s fees to pay) or, and this is where time is critical, contact me to buy it on Sunday 2nd December before it goes to the dealer for £26k.

The car is in my garage until it is transported to the auction house on 29th November, so if anyone would like to see it beforehand they are welcome to get in touch.

It makes no difference either way to me financially but it would be great for a fellow enthusiast to own it rather than it reappearing with a dealer for £35k or more (based on what’s currently listed, I think that’s possible with only 62k and 4 owners).

It is worth noting that the wheels have been refurbished two weeks ago and it has four matching Hankook tyres (the fronts being brand new). The brake callipers have also been refinished. So it looks better than it does in the above pictures.

As an aside my S54 is also currently for sale and as per another post, I will accept £29k ish from an enthusiast. Ideally I'd like to keep one of them but with so much going on at the moment I may end up with none. I really want to keep an MC in my life, they’re both awesome!

Comment

What are you replacing it with then!? I’m sure it will be interesting
              S54 M Coupe
              D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

new pictures,

Comment

Comment

Did this one sell?

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk...pe--z3-m-coupe-

Comment

Listed as unsold.
                      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
                        Listed as unsold.
                        It was my car and indeed, it didn't sell - bit of a pointless exercise really and I'm not sure I'd bother with that route again - I accept that there are costs in running an auction but the venue was rented for the event and the buyer's and seller's fees are just daft! In order for me to get what I would accept (which I think was quite reasonable and not greedy) I needed a buyer (or to be precise, two competing buyers) prepared to spend significantly more. On the day of the auction the auction house even called me to say they'll return me the hammer price (ie forego my seller's fees) if I lowered the reserve, as they'll be happy with the buyer's premium alone, so they know they're taking the p1ss.

Anyway, bit of a shame nobody on here was in the market for it. As per my earlier post in this thread, my fallback position was to let it go to a dealer for £26k and even more of a shame was that it then immediately went up at £34,995 and sold within a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
                          Anyway, bit of a shame nobody on here was in the market for it. As per my earlier post in this thread, my fallback position was to let it go to a dealer for £26k and even more of a shame was that it then immediately went up at £34,995 and sold within a few days.
                          I think many people are just more comfortable overpaying to a dealer and sucking up the dealer fluff in the advert.

Comment

Working...
                          X