speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo

been out for a drive today as roads are dry and hasn't been used much .a few miles in and speedo started to flicker .stopped then started and stopped.any ideas ,cheers

Might be worth cleaning up the connector on the diff?
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Just the Speedo or the whole cluster?
      ----------------
      David
      1999 M Coupe (S50)
      >>Read my journal here<<
      2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
      2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

speedo

thank you for replies.its just the speedo.i did fiddle with the sensor on diff and started working but not shure if thats fixed.i spoke to a friend who suggested it needs a good run with heaters on full to clear the damp as its been stood for a few months.hopefully roads will dry out again today so i can out for test.

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
          thank you for replies.its just the speedo.i did fiddle with the sensor on diff and started working but not shure if thats fixed.i spoke to a friend who suggested it needs a good run with heaters on full to clear the damp as its been stood for a few months.hopefully roads will dry out again today so i can out for test.
          If you can safely get access under the car, then I’d be inclined to disconnect the connector at the diff and give the plug and socket a good clean with some contact cleaner.
          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

speedo

hopefully its something simple like the connection .i did notice oil on diff which i think is due to me over filling with new oil last year so i drained it to proper level yesterday i should have cleaned connectors then but will get round to them this week.thank you for replies.

Comment

Working...
            X