Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIN ACS Z3M for sale

Hello all and especially DaveP,

I have been absent from here for several years after selling my Z3M Coupe.

Now I seem to have developed the itch again for these cars which I feel are the most interesting things that ever came out from BMW. I have tried to compensate this via two wheels by owning now HP2 Sport but it seems to be only a partial fix for this itch.

Please check out this car which is for sale locally here in Finland:
    https://www.nettiauto.com/bmw/z3m/11642593

If I am not mistaken, this is pretty similar to the one that you are having DaveP (althought not of course in such of an overly perfect shape as yours)?

Even if the add is in finnish language, could you provide your eagle eye notes on this one, please.

The add states that the AC Schnitzer bits and part have been put on the car when it was new in 1999. These include the ACS exhaust, rear wing, ECU, gearknob and were all installed in Germany.

Would you know, how many of these "ACS" cars have been prepared over the times and on what years these might have been made available? Or where these just up to the owner to select the preferred ACS accessories they want on their cars?

br, JuhaV
    The older I get, the faster I was ...
    BMW HP2 Sport
    ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Welcome back, The coupe in the advert looks clean for the mileage, I dont think the information regarding numbers of cars fitted with ACS parts back in the early years is available as in most countries the parts were ordered from your local dealer and could be fitted by them or the owner. Its rare to see a car fitted with an ACS ecu but this should have a sticker attached to the part and details such as date fitted. Good luck if you decide to get back into M Coupe ownership

Comment

Thanks Dave.

Good comment on the ECU, if I proceed to look this car closer I need to take a look whether the sticker is there. There should also be a good literature and document package coming with the car possibly giving details on those ACS components and their history.

The only thing stopping me to get another Z3M is that it really is a car only for the above zero Celsius degrees season. A significant part of the year here locally such a car needs to stay safely in the garage. The alternative could be some version of the newer Audi TT Quattros which are fine in all seasons but so much less interesting otherwise.

I need to consult my own project documents what I did the earlier Z3M and especially how wonderfully complicated (and sometimes also problematic) the Vanos and diff mount arrangements have been. On the other hand, I know now how these should be corrected in case of problems there.

We will see how it goes ...

br, Juha
      The older I get, the faster I was ...
      BMW HP2 Sport
      ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Comment

Looks really nice to me.

Are brakes standard? Looks like discs are drilled for starters.
        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Pictures,

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X