Air ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air ducts

Finally got round to replacing my damaged air ducts that are fitted to the floor in front of the rear wheels, part numbers 51.71.8.398.827/8 £10.30 each but if anyone wants a metal version these are available from Strongstrut,

Last edited by Dave P; 04-08-2011, 10:34 AM.

You could change them every year for 15 years for the price of those ali ones, only takes 5 minutes per side to fit.

Mine seem to last for about 25K miles.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

The ones which CA Automotive are selling cost £167.67 and are from StrongStrut were they cost they cost 95 USD in the US see: http://www.strong-strut.com/aerodevice.htm That's just £59.59 at today's exchange rate. Even with freight to the UK and import duty that must be considerably less than half what CA Automotive are ripping-off!
      /// Exdos ///
      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
        The ones which CA Automotive are selling cost £167.67 and are from StrongStrut were they cost they cost 95 USD in the US see: http://www.strong-strut.com/aerodevice.htm That's just £59.59 at today's exchange rate. Even with freight to the UK and import duty that must be considerably less than half what CA Automotive are ripping-off!
        thats some mark up!

Comment

everything ive seen from CA seems to be a little up there with the prices, but the same (exactly the same!) products that others supply at lesser money.

most companies like this rely on word of mouth for their custom, and exposure from magazine features etc (which they get!)

then the customers with dosh turn into regulars, the sort that dont bother ringing around for prices!!! (not realising they are getting ripped off)

its how the world works welcome to earth

Click here to email me

Comment

CA Automotive.........Quite a surprise when you see what's behind the company, or rather isn't.

Good at marketing themselves, hats off for a front room business.

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
              its how the world works welcome to earth
              It's most certainly how Rip-Off Britain now works. I've been round the block a few times now, and I'm not averse to highlighting a rip-off or two when I see them. It didn't use to be as bad as this.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Amen to that....

Some "companies" are nothing more than a good website and a decent bit of marketing..

They rip people off with impunity..

Comment

I have removed the link to the expensive parts - since these parts fail after a few years would it be worth trying to arrange a group buy from Strongstrut?

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                    would it be worth trying to arrange a group buy from Strongstrut?
                    Whilst they take international orders, they are more than likely to refer you to their "Authorized UK Distributor" CA Automotive.........Well if they are anything like a professional company they should.

I'm an exclusive importer of several brands and I'd be right p*ssed off to see my suppliers selling direct into the UK! It'd be the end of the relationship for me!

If like exdos pointed out, the UK RRP's are grossly inflated, wouldn't it be better to point that out to both CA and Strong Strut to attempt to get parity on price like in many other products?

I think that would be less underhanded IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post

I think that would be less underhanded IMO.
                      How can a buyer act in an underhanded way?

IMO it's very underhanded for a seller to put a huge mark-up for goods sold in the UK for the same goods which can be bought directly from the US at less than half the price. Then again, that's how Rip-Off Britain has been created.

What goods do you have exclusive importing rights? We'll then take a look at your prices
                      Last edited by exdos; 04-08-2011, 04:56 PM.
                      /// Exdos ///

Comment

Searching for the best deal is always the way to do it. CA probably see themselves as the only UK supplier (could be exclusive, may not be) and therefore price accordingly - not everyone can be bothered dealing with foreign transactions. I bought a Strong Strut brace directly years ago, easy to deal with and I think I paid paypal - they won't say no to a sale! If S.S direct you to CA you would just then approach as US S.S. dealer.

Comment

Lots of people buy lots of things direct from dealers and by-pass the middle men who often put large mark up prices on variouse sites,the days are long gone when people just put up with being ripped off! this is a good thing and can only get better as time moves on,anyone can comunicate with anyone anywhere now,,buisness is buisness whatever...its called people power..and not being ripped off...a competetive market place is very good...i used to supply thru a legit buisness rather highly priced skin care products now redily available thru E Bay at a reduced rate!!! however a sale thru there dosnt come with sound advice and recomendation,but if you know what you want there isnt a problem with people shopping around...we all do it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                            i used to supply thru a legit buisness rather highly priced skin care products now redily available thru E Bay at a reduced rate!!! however a sale thru there dosnt come with sound advice and recomendation,but if you know what you want there isnt a problem with people shopping around...we all do it !!!
                            Is there a "detailing" thread on skin care we can read?
                            /// Exdos ///

Comment

It's a worldwide maket-place to shop for sure, but for us to get proper service, the distributors of the products we all buy need to make a profit.

I agree that nobody should pay more than the going rate, but give the proper UK distributor a chance to sell at the right price rather than try to back door him. That way it keeps money in the UK economy.........UK jobs etc

Mind you this applies to a proper sole distributor, not someone like CA who are just a glorified front room web retailer.

A decent sole distributor who represents a "Brand" should stock it in depth for immediate supply, hold spares backup and give the best advice to the trade and end user because they know their products inside out.

This is a BMW forum..........If we all back doored BMW's distribution network so they no longer made a profit and disappeared, how long before we would all start paying the price with shit service, supply and advice further down the line?

Comment

Working...
                              X