My Estoril S50, Chuffed to have an M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danzoe View Post
    That scissor lift looks like a handy bit of kit Who is the manufacturer ?
    It's a Strongman Clifton, but with low entry lead in ramps from Automotech

https://strongmanlifts.co.uk/

https://www.automotechservices.co.uk/

Some of the best money I've spent!

Both make good scissor lifts, mine has two bars joining the two platforms, the dearer ones don't. Edited, looks like they've updated the clifton so it has no bars and it's just a couple of hundred quid more.
    Last edited by urquattrogus; 01-03-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      That a pisser with the undertray - there isn't a power steering hose thread but the common one that corrodes is the return pipe 32411094452 BMW did make another batch a few years ago but looks like they may be all sold but worth checking with your local dealer.
      Thanks Dave.

Not looking good with the pipe.

None in UK dealer stock, none in UK stock and none is Germany

Available to order but with no delivery date, special order etc.

What's more price of £255.32 which seems crazy too, if it was £120 I would have just ordered and seen what happens.

Maybe I'll just put my old pipe back which doesn't leak but the bracket is broken, alternatively I could get one made but I suspect most hose provides will want to make it a fully flexible hose.

Comment

• Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
        Thanks Dave.

Not looking good with the pipe.

None in UK dealer stock, none in UK stock and none is Germany

Available to order but with no delivery date, special order etc.

What's more price of £255.32 which seems crazy too, if it was £120 I would have just ordered and seen what happens.

Maybe I'll just put my old pipe back which doesn't leak but the bracket is broken, alternatively I could get one made but I suspect most hose provides will want to make it a fully flexible hose.

It was the same when I ordered mine a few years ago, I think BMW wait until they have enough orders before making another batch so it could be a while. I will see if I can find how much I paid.

Comment

It was the same when I ordered mine a few years ago, I think BMW wait until they have enough orders before making another batch so it could be a while. I will see if I can find how much I paid.

£78 inc vat back in 2015 for the return pipe 32411094452

Comment

£78 inc vat back in 2015 for the return pipe 32411094452

That's not even funny dave! It does look like a circa £100 part at best :)

I'll fit my old one and use some P clips I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
              That's not even funny dave! It does look like a circa £100 part at best :)

I'll fit my old one and use some P clips I reckon.

Prices have gone from stupid to ridiculous or NLA

Comment

• Maybe we will start to benefit from the BMW parts Classic programme at some point.....

Comment

• Nice project. I'm an ur quattro owner aswell, recognise your user name from maybe the quattroforum.
                  Used to have a z3m but I sold it 10 years ago. Always regretted it especially now that it would be worth quadruple what I sold it for now!
                  Would love to buy it back
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro View Post
                    Nice project. I'm an ur quattro owner aswell, recognise your user name from maybe the quattroforum.
                    Used to have a z3m but I sold it 10 years ago. Always regretted it especially now that it would be worth quadruple what I sold it for now!
                    Thanks, yes I haven't had a quattro since 2013/14, probably should have changed my username, was on the quattro forum and S2 Forum a lot. I had mine for 7 years, my first classic car, in at the deep end!! Learnt a lot. it was a 10V WR but I transplanted an AAN 20V and wound her up to 450bhp. Sold it to buy my classic Alfa. Bought the quattro for something like £6500 in 2006, a bit different to now!

Good to know there is some crossover, you still have your quattro? I miss mine a little sometimes but I certainly did everything with it :)

Comment

• I was on the s2 forum aswell, sal_s2
                      I've still got my quattro, the only car I managed to hold onto, had it nearly 15years now. It was an mb 10v but I pulled that out within days of buying and put an rs2 engine in. Really glad I didnt sell it, tinkered with it all through the first lockdown
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I sold my zed in 2011 I think, it didnt really get any use as I bought a b5 rs4 not long after. Regretted selling it pretty much straight away.
                        Was really tempted to have a look at the silver cat d one that was on ebay but didnt have the time to go and view. I'm guessing it belongs to someone on here now.

Comment

I was on the s2 forum aswell, sal_s2
                          I've still got my quattro, the only car I managed to hold onto, had it nearly 15years now. It was an mb 10v but I pulled that out within days of buying and put an rs2 engine in. Really glad I didnt sell it, tinkered with it all through the first lockdown
                          Very Nice, looks like pearl white? Pretty much my favourite colour, nice, the way those 5 banger engines rev out is pretty addictive!

There are still a few more reasonably priced coupes out there if you look hard and don't mind a little bit of work. It has been one of the best car's I've bought, iconic, fun and easy to work on with good parts availability.

Has the parts situation for the quattro improved a bit now? Some things used to be a nightmare!! I remember failing an MOT for a cracked exhaust manifold, and pleading with the tester as it had already been welded!

Comment

• Yes its mother of magnolia pearl white

Parts are more available now than they were then. Still a poor effort by audi though in comparison to other manufacturers. There is a company called Audi tradition and also owners have taken the initiative and started having some parts remade.

I've recently started looking at the z4m coupes for sale, I think I've left it a little too long to get another z3m. I dont mind getting my hands dirty but dont fancy welding sills and boot floors! I'll keep an eye open , you never know

Comment

Nice project. I'm an ur quattro owner aswell, recognise your user name from maybe the quattroforum.

added your picture to the forums picture thread - hope that's ok

Comment

• Rack going in, don't be a twit like me and at first try and lift it in with the track rod ends still attached which add extra weight. Pretty awkward to swivel in.

Haven't got another photo but it's now fully in. Flushed out the PAS system, new crush washers on the banjo bolts, all torqued up etc. Pushing the steering rack u/j on the last amount was a bit of a faff too.

Wanted to replace one of the hoses but as discussed it's now NLA so I fixed it with a p clip.

In Other news I got my steering wheel back from royal steering wheels.

I hope it's going to look at home when I fit it.

As a reminder, it's a facelift Z3 Steering wheel with an M Tech lower plastic trim added, royal then re-trimmed the wheel for me and spaced out a gap at the lower part of the trim, and added thumb grips and M stitching. Net result is it now looks like an E46 M3 wheel but using the facelift Z3 Slip ring and Airbag.

And I don't have to butcher my original wheel, that can always go back on if I don't like this one.

Untitled by urquattro gus, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X