Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > General Discussion
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you think main dealer services are of better quality than an independant garage service?
Yes 1 5.88%
No 16 94.12%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-12-2005, 12:32 PM

I'd be inclined to agree, for an Insp2 and as you still have warranty, go for the Stealer.

Damon Hill should do you fine and that price isn't so bad :)

My car NOT for sale

Old 14-12-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
but i think it looks good on the history if you have have your Insp 2 done at a dealer?
i would rather see an indy stamp than a dealer one!
with the amount of mistakes that BMW make and things they miss!
i trust my indy they do whatever needs doing and i pick it up!
BMW you get about 4 phone calls loads of agro droping it off and picking it up, yeah they pay for taxi's but still!
muppets!
Old 14-12-2005, 12:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to Judge

Personally i think there are pros and cons to both, £627 for an Insp 2 is very good i think from a stealer, since some of them were quoting way over £800 !!!

In the past i have used both, and i think they both have there place!! but i think it will be dealer this time
Old 14-12-2005, 01:17 PM

[quote="gsi"]I'd be inclined to agree, for an Insp2 and as you still have warranty, go for the Stealer.quote]

I agree
Old 14-12-2005, 02:08 PM

Insp2's at a 'reasonably priced' stealer is a good idea, and will be the method I use, for all others I'll use a good indy.

Half the reason that I shied away from my usual indy is the fact he quoted 7.5 litres of oil needed for the service... :shock:
...I thought it was only 5.5?!

With regard to service prices; for this oil service I rang Sytners High Wycombe, they quoted £250 (compared to £125 at D/Hill).

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels
Old 14-12-2005, 02:16 PM

Yep, about 5.5 - should be enough for the filter too.

Cheaper still if you provide your own!

My car NOT for sale

Old 14-12-2005, 02:17 PM

cheaper still if your missus can buy the oil on her company petrol card
8)

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels
Old 14-12-2005, 02:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Judge

does that go for all of us!!!
Old 16-12-2005, 06:05 PM

you wish!!
though i do wonder if her company would notice...... :wink:

Car back from D/Hill @ Warwick. £65 for oil service, plus (as expected) a list of bits that need attention..... :roll:

Old 17-12-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Munich Motors

Trundler, Munich Motors are THE indi, that everyone would like to have a few miles away.Clive and brother have 25 years conbined BMW service experience , and treat every car as their special.They sorted out engine probs and were the first people to tell ZM owners about the problems caused by the Potentiometer, in erratic running of engines.

They notice things others miss.I do a 160 mile round trip to get service on my Alpina, as well as getting advice on the ZM if needed.

They ARE the Biz.

Tags
service