ACS Subframe spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS Subframe spacers

Has anyone got a pair of these lying around unfitted? I think they came with ACS suspension/springs.

I bought a spare set a few years ago direct from ACS UK so it may be worth seeing if they still have them if you have no other luck sourcing

Comment

picture with acs part number visible,

Comment

Thanks Dave, will give them a try.

I noticed the E30 M3 has something similar fitted from the factory (not present on other E30 or any Z3). Part number is 33332225797, described as a washer, but a very expensive one!

Comment

i have heard of these before, but pardon my ignorance, what do they do?

and if they are just as they look in the picture i could easily make some sets on the lathe if i had a set lent to me so i could accurately copy them.

im fairly competent on the old colchester lathe if i do say so myself!

here are a few pics of the chain drive diff for the bike engined fiesta i just made (for example)
          Attached Files

Comment

They are basically an alloy washer/spacer with a groove in them as a guide. They sit above the subframe between the body and bush to limit movement (without altering the actual rest position of the subframe). If you've ever sat your car on axle stands using the subframe you will see that it "sinks" upwards considerably before it actually takes the weight of the car. The spacer limits that floating movement of the subframe.

Sounds like DaveP has a spare set, wonder if he could arrange one to get over to you?

Comment

Noting what these do, wondering what is the actual benefit whilst driving? Presumably it puts more stress on the setup?
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                They are basically an alloy washer/spacer with a groove in them as a guide. They sit above the subframe between the body and bush to limit movement (without altering the actual rest position of the subframe). If you've ever sat your car on axle stands using the subframe you will see that it "sinks" upwards considerably before it actually takes the weight of the car. The spacer limits that floating movement of the subframe.

Sounds like DaveP has a spare set, wonder if he could arrange one to get over to you?
                im willing!

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                  Noting what these do, wondering what is the actual benefit whilst driving? Presumably it puts more stress on the setup?
                  The opposite I reckon; the subframe has 3 points of contact with the car; the two big side bushes and the rear diff bush. With the two subframe bushes floating/rotating and generally moving around the single diff bush/bracket may act like a tether. With the movement limited I would say there's less stress on the rear diff bracket, and other benefits are less torque reaction movement (power on/power off).
                  Last edited by c_w; 14-09-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I sold my spare set a while back but I have asked ACS if they can still supply, will post up details when I hear back

Comment

Still available new from ACS , £52.25 for a pair delivered (UK)

part number 33313652 speak to Lorcan

Comment

Working...
                      X