Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW V3 Drop Link size?

Morning Chaps

I've got a set of KW V3 in the garage I'm planning on fitting to the Z3M this weekend, however whilst the guy gave me 10mm spacers & long bolts he didn't have / was keeping the KW supplied shorter drop links.

Can someone with KW V3 give me an idea what length of drop links I'll need to get?

Was thinking a set of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200912055083

ought to do.

Cheers

Wullie
    S50: Cosmos Black/Black-Kalyami/HK/Side Air-bags
    Mod: Denison iLink/Sunroof Switch/HIDs/Racelogic

I think they are about 2" shorter than standard one's, Exdos posted some he has used on his Z4M which may work on the Coupe,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=droplinks

Comment

for kw clubsport (probaly the same size)
      buyed adjustable droplink from tunermotorsport
      www.fastdrive.org
      S50 black/black-red In Rome
      Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

You could contact KW in the UK, they may have stock, I purchased some direct from them after one broke. Cost me £36.30 2 years ago.

The contact number on the invoice is 0870 9907536

Comment

Hey Wullie! That was me you bought the kit from! (And roof bars too?) Can't believe it's still not fitted, prob 2 years ago now?

I think the drop links were whiteline items? But can't remember.

What I do know, is one was damaged, hence not including with the suspension.

Be worth getting input from John, exdos, as I think he knows this setup well on the Z3MC

Click here to email me

Comment

Hi Indy

Yes indeed it was you Indy - I couldn't remember the handle - not long after we bought them we ended up moving house, and acquired a "mini-us", and as delightful as he is he's been a full-time occupation up till now.

The Z3M's been laid up for 2 and a bit years on a trickle charger - just getting it back out of hibernation now.

I think I read on a thread on here talk of 50mm shorter than stock, Dave P's suggestion of 2" under stock sounds about right then - stock is 230mm so that makes it 180mm between centres.

At some point I'm going to put uprated ARB's in so would like something 'substantial' in place, the proper KW ones are (I read somewhere) just the OEM ones chopped and welded.

Thanks guys - much appreciated

Wullie
            S50: Cosmos Black/Black-Kalyami/HK/Side Air-bags
            Mod: Denison iLink/Sunroof Switch/HIDs/Racelogic

Comment

User experience suggest the Whitelines don't last long with the H&R bars on factory struts. My OEM drop links are still fine after 6yrs with them - if I was to replace them I'd get the Meyle Heavy Duty links (but these are OEM length too).

Comment

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-38...inks-pair.aspx
                wow in 3 years the price is the double..anyway whit it no problem..
                www.fastdrive.org
                S50 black/black-red In Rome
                Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  I think they are about 2" shorter than standard one's, Exdos posted some he has used on his Z4M which may work on the Coupe,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=droplinks
                  The KWV3 drop links are 50mm shorter than OEM. I have Whiteline drop links on my Z3MC but I fitted the adjustable drop links in the links DaveP has given on my Z4MC. I have uprated H&R ARBs on both cars. The Prosport adjustable drop links are good value.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Make you own

http://mcgillmotorsports.co.uk/index...ewCat&catId=33
                    BMW e21 track car
                    Z3M (S62)
                    2.8 Z3 Coupe
                    Ariel Atom
                    GT86 race car
                    Ferrari 348 Challenge
                    Merc G500

Comment

White line adjustables on mine are set at 175mm iirc

As CW says the rise joints are crap
                      And they try to sell you new joints at a fiver less than a full set of drop links
                      There are much better quality ones out there
                      I bought shoreline again because of the time it would take to source another brand and silverstone was coming
                      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I used Whitelines and found that the Joints on them failed quite quickly.

Comment

Working...
                        X