No announcement yet.

Rear wiper stuffed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The connection on mine used to come off if the boot was slammed. A simple fix by adding a tye wrap to hold it on.
    Shunt
    Ex Z3MC 2000
    Ex Z4MC 2007
    Aston V8V
    M135i

Comment

Hi...

I agree with one of the previous messages, I had same problem and it wasn't the motor but a cut in the loom which goes through the top nearside grommit thing. It's not a great design with the cable inside the loom really stretched and also rubs on the metal when the hatch is open/closed.

Try connecting up a +/- to the motor and see if it works?

Good luck...
      Ex Estoril S50 '99
      Ex Porsche CarreraS 993 WideBody
      Ex TVR T350C Chameleon Blue
      Lotus Esprit 2002 V8 Twin Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by BEN View Post
        just take it off! save some weight!
        Some months ago, I did just this. However, having just spent the best part of a week driving round the Lake District in the rain, I'm wondering whether I shouldn't put it back on. Of course, to do this, I need to sort out whatever is wrong with the original unit.

I'm moderately sure that the connection was still good (the motor was able to move the wiper, with my help!). Can anyone help me with the right Real OEM page, to find the part list, as otherwise I'll find out what's wrong and then struggle to order the right bit!

Also, if anyone can lend me a unit that they've taken out, so that I can check that all of the wiring is working properly, then that would be even better!

Or finally, sell me the unit they've taken out and don't want?

Thanks,

Jez
        1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

My motor stopped a while back, and I read all the stuff about the loom with horror. Bottom line was that it required a new motor, which I think was about £120. Replacing it was no big deal, albeit a bit tricky getting the inside panel off. I also found out that it is the same motor as on the 1 Series. Doesn't help with the cost of a new motor, but you might be able to find a s/hand one.

Comment

Originally posted by davieb View Post
            My motor stopped a while back, and I read all the stuff about the loom with horror. Bottom line was that it required a new motor, which I think was about £120. Replacing it was no big deal, albeit a bit tricky getting the inside panel off. I also found out that it is the same motor as on the 1 Series. Doesn't help with the cost of a new motor, but you might be able to find a s/hand one.
            Thanks. However, I think I've got one coming now from a very kind forum member ... It will also give me an opportunity to get one of those finickity white plugs replaced, while the trim is off (I noticed it was broken while I took the old motor out).

Jez

Comment

Originally posted by wadh0070 View Post
              It will also give me an opportunity to get one of those finickity white plugs replaced, while the trim is off (I noticed it was broken while I took the old motor out).

Jez
              If you have no luck getting these from BMW, I may be able to help. Lets just say I have access to lots of clips that are dimensionally very similar. I have yet to check whether they are exact matches (barring the colour), however if they are I'm happy to supply them to any forum members needing new ones (as they are also used to retain the plastic covers that hide the CD changer & HK amp).
              Current: 2005 330i Sport
              Sold but never forgotten: 2000 Estoril S50

Comment

If your clips turn out to match those holding on the trim panel on the boot lid I would welcome a couple. Mine occasionally comes loose (usually when SWMBO slams the boot hard) and then rattles until I re-locate it. I'm sure its down to some of the clips being part broken. One of those simple things I never seem to get around to fixing !
                Col N.
                Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                ex Audi S4 Avant
                ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                ex Porsche 968

Comment

The little white clips are only about 12p each or something from your local stealer.

I'll drop the part no. in here later if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by ghibbett View Post
                    If you have no luck getting these from BMW, I may be able to help. Lets just say I have access to lots of clips that are dimensionally very similar. I have yet to check whether they are exact matches (barring the colour), however if they are I'm happy to supply them to any forum members needing new ones (as they are also used to retain the plastic covers that hide the CD changer & HK amp).
                    Very kind of you - thanks. I'll let you know, although not going to be speaking to BMW until the weekend at least.

Jez

Comment

Working...
                    X