Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing headlight bulbs

Fairly easy ?

Opted to buy some 100 watt bulbs for off road use so I can see where I'm going this winter.

Are they fairly simple to fit - if theres a thread somewhere a link would be great.

Ta

Simon

Fiddly but not too difficult.

I found the OS was the pain.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

bulb

I put 100 watt in mine and they kept blowing fuses so went for phillips upgrade instead, took 3 screws out of main cluster to get at nearside bulb slipped it out and back in 5 mins

Comment

not quite on topic but

Has anyone else put Hids in the main lights and then noticed how yellow looking the sidelights become by comparison? What was the solution (and is it doable when one is gifted with ten thumbs)?

Cheers
        99 S50 Estoril, plated: Z3MC

Comment

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
          I put 100 watt in mine and they kept blowing fuses so went for phillips upgrade instead, took 3 screws out of main cluster to get at nearside bulb slipped it out and back in 5 mins
          Ta - did they much difference ?

Comment

bulbs

upgrade was a lot better, i think about 25 quid for the pair , so paired with hi d
            they are really good, sidelights were supplied with the main bulbs as a gift and they also very good, bought all from autobulbs direct

Comment

Side....just pull the bulbs from the sidelamps,i have the projectors +the Angels fitted and attached to them...

Comment

Just had a look on Autobulbs direct, didnt realise there was sooo much choice!

Possibly tempting fate now(!) but ive had my car for 4 years now and never changed the bulbs so will look at a set of upgrades when I do, appears 100% more light is now available which much be noticeable?
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I bought these from our friends who supplied the wiper group buy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z3-97-XENO...item3c9cca7e66

Will report back if they are bobbins or not :-)

Comment

I've decided not to change to HID at the moment (fed up of being blinded at night by others so don't want to inflict the same) I'm therefore left with upgrading the standard bulbs. I was looking at 100W bulbs but then spotted this thread and the comment that they may blow fuses.

Has anybody tried the Philips X-treme bulbs? I don't want to throw close to £50 at a couple of bulbs if they're not up to the job or only last 6 months.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-...ulbs-pair.html
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Working...
                    X