Alternative to Recaro Pole Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to Recaro Pole Positions

I've been looking at getting some decent seats for my coupe, I'm a fan of Recaro's having had them in several other cars but the thought of chopping away at a new set of seats to get them to fit does not sit well with me, then I came across these.. The Recaro RS-G and TS-G. (Different back angles).

They are designed for the Japanese market and are thinner than the pole position 540mm vs 580mm of the pole position. So I think they may fit without trimming ( I may need some trimming to fit in the seat though )

They also ran limited editions in black/red and black/blue which would be good in dual colour coupes.

Prices are around 109000JPY

Found a pick of them in a coupe. The black and blue edition isnt a bad match for estoril

http://www.jdm-option.com/eng/parts/05_11/recaro.html
    KW V3, H&R arbs, H&R 12mm Spacers, Weichers Strut Brace, Ireland Engineering Bushes, Uprated rear top mounts,swapped front top mounts, EBC Yellows, Simota CAI, Supersprint Exhaust, Shadow chrome Roadstars

Recaro PP's fit without trimming!

You just need good consoles to fit them (custom and optimal because it a milimeters game).

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
      Recaro PP's fit without trimming!

You just need good consoles to fit them (custom and optimal because it a milimeters game).
      Really?? Mine have been trimmed and they're still tight.......

Comment

You will probably find if there Japanese fit the arse area will be very small
        There usually not as big as Europeans
        Made the mistake of buying an arai helmet
        Although same size head shape is different
        Was never right even with different cheek pads
        Saying that I have a fat arse and a big head
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
          Really?? Mine have been trimmed and they're still tight.......
          Absolutely - I have 5-10mm between the seat "ears" and the doorcard and recaros are unmodified.

But it also depends what kind of inclination are you running on the seat and the height adjustment. Btw I'm 175cm and find seats same or a bit lower than stock ones in lowest position.

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
            You will probably find if there Japanese fit the arse area will be very small
            There usually not as big as Europeans
            Made the mistake of buying an arai helmet
            Although same size head shape is different
            Was never right even with different cheek pads
            Saying that I have a fat arse and a big head
            I did the same and just got a massive headache from the thing. Ended up with a FM which was super comfy but looked crap.

Comment

Ha I sold it to a local lad and bought a uk one
              [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Working...
              X