Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust without insulating material

Hey all!

In german Ebay someone is selling an original exhaust with removed insulating material (mineral wool?). As I would like to increase the volume of my car a little without changing the original look I am thinking about buying it.

Has anybody removed the insulation and is able to describe the change?

The guy has posted some videos on youtube but that doesn't tell much about the volume.

Ivo
    sigpic

Here's a post with some details on gutted exhausts,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15518

Comment

Thank's Dave, but these are all bigger modifications I think. The seller only took out the packing material and I hoped someone here did that before.
      sigpic

Comment

To take the fibre glass packing material out you need to cut the silencer boxes open so while you are at it might as well take the baffles out too.
        Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
        ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          To take the fibre glass packing material out you need to cut the silencer boxes open so while you are at it might as well take the baffles out too.
          ............Although you will get better results with straight through perforated baffle cores (In the MC's case into a Y-Piece as they are twin exit) surrounded by packing material.

Comment

The exhaust has been opened (and clised) and the packing has already been removed, I would not do anything but buying it as it is. I just wanted to get a description of the resulting sound.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X