No announcement yet.

Next years tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tyres do you recommend for standard road use? Which tyres offer the best ride quality whilst still dripping well?

A stiffer side wall for track use so presumably a softer side wall for ride comfort?

Comment

I found Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 1 were fantastic on my car in 235/40 and 245/40 sizes on the standard wheels. The sidewall isn't too stiff so ride is good but so is both dry and wet handling.

Comment

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Federal/595RSR.htm

Anyone currently running on FEDERAL RSRs ?

Could you share your experience on this tyre if used both on track and street ? Noise levels ?

The price tempts to use these also on street. Some report rather ok wet grip and reasonable wear characteristics.

Thanks !
        The older I get, the faster I was ...
        BMW HP2 Sport
        ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Comment

Just bought a set of Michelin pilot super sports from Costco,

2) 235 x 35 x 19 front @£150 each
          2) 265 x 30 x 19 rear @£200 each

Goodyear were actually more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaV View Post
            http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Federal/595RSR.htm

Anyone currently running on FEDERAL RSRs ?

Could you share your experience on this tyre if used both on track and street ? Noise levels ?

The price tempts to use these also on street. Some report rather ok wet grip and reasonable wear characteristics.

Thanks !
            I've run them for a short time in cool conditions. They ride ok and noise isn't too bad. They have quite poor wet grip though, and need heat to grip in warm. They are probably ok for the money but don't believe the nonsense about them being a semi-slick.

Comment

Working...
            X