Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear bumper-rear wing attachement fixing

Hi all

I thought this was going to be easy getting these parts from the main detailer but it appears they have superseded the part number and after two attempts with the wrong parts turning up I thought it might be easier just to ask if anyone has 2 going spare.

The part number itself is 51 12 8 399 166 and that's the little black plastic clips that attach to the bottom of the rear wing, 2 per side and then clip into the rear bumper.

I hope this makes sense and of course if anyone has a couple going spare please get in touch.

Many thanks
    Fin

Originally posted by zoot View Post
    Hi all

I thought this was going to be easy getting these parts from the main detailer but it appears they have superseded the part number and after two attempts with the wrong parts turning up I thought it might be easier just to ask if anyone has 2 going spare.

The part number itself is 51 12 8 399 166 and that's the little black plastic clips that attach to the bottom of the rear wing, 2 per side and then clip into the rear bumper.

I hope this makes sense and of course if anyone has a couple going spare please get in touch.

Many thanks
    Fin

Don't the green clips work 51418101204 ?

Comment

Those are ones that are now being sent and no they don't look like they will work as the circular diameter sections are larger than the original ones- as in too large for the slots in the bumper.

If push comes to shove I'm sure I can adapt them but I would rather get hold of some of the original ones.

Regards
      Fin

Comment

The green clips look like a door panel clip and nothing like the original black clips, good old BMW

Comment

That's exactly what they are-door clips

Fin

Comment

Checked my spares stock and I have two of the black clips p/n 511218399166 spare if you need them

Comment

Dave your a star.

Just let me know the best way to get them from you?

I live in Sale so it might be easier if I pop round when suits and pick them up.

Just let me know.

Thanks again

Fin

Comment

Originally posted by zoot View Post
                Dave your a star.

Just let me know the best way to get them from you?

I live in Sale so it might be easier if I pop round when suits and pick them up.

Just let me know.

Thanks again

Fin
                Sent you a pm

Comment

Hi Dave

I have just sent you one back.

Regards
                  Fin

Comment

Working...
                  X