This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica parts / copyright infringement

Just a reminder to anyone wanting to sell replica parts that may cause issues with copyright infringement not to advertise them on this forum, after complaints from a manufacturer selling of these parts is no longer allowed.

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
    Just a reminder to anyone wanting to sell replica parts that may cause issues with copyright infringement not to advertise them on this forum, after complaints from a manufacturer selling of these parts is no longer allowed.

Thanks Dave, and there was me wanting to get mud flaps 3d printed :)

Comment

Originally posted by boostina3 View Post
      Thanks Dave, and there was me wanting to get mud flaps 3d printed :)
      Sell them on ebay

Comment

Guess I was the replica producer someday but stopped production till the manufacturer have complaints ;)
        BTW I'm still searching for ACS diffuser to use on my M Coupe ;)
        I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
        sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

I have seen these replica parts being offered on Facebook,

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
            I have seen these replica parts being offered on Facebook,
            Who cares where the parts come from as long as they are fit for purpose and available to the general market at a reasonable price.
            I know Rossiters are a little sensitive about Schnitzer bits and in the past have refused to supply me 'cos we are not living in the UK but we bought the same product at a far lesser price from a forum member here!

Comment

I can understand a manufacturer objecting to replicas of current parts, but objecting to replicas of parts that are NLA seems harsh.
              1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by btz461 View Post
                Who cares where the parts come from as long as they are fit for purpose and available to the general market at a reasonable price.
                I know Rossiters are a little sensitive about Schnitzer bits and in the past have refused to supply me 'cos we are not living in the UK but we bought the same product at a far lesser price from a forum member here!
                I totally aggree !

Comment

Last edited by Dave P; 28-09-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Just a reminder to those who may have forgotten that the forum doesn't allow the selling or promotion of fake or replica parts - Any post or thread or signature aimed at selling these parts will be deleted and persistent offenders run the risk of being banned from the forum .

Comment

Working...
                    X