Price for new sills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for new sills.

Got a pair of new sills deliverd yesterday, genuine BMW ones, i joined this forum http://www.bmwforums.info/forum.php
    There is a dealer on there called Harry Fairburn who give excellent discount to members I paid £260.00 for the pair deliverd to my home, saving £100.00 on what I was quoted from my local BMW dealers.

You just need to join the forum and contact him via it and he will quote you.

Stoney
    Last edited by stoney; 14-11-2015, 05:47 PM.

Thanks Stoney.
    Once I work out how to message them I will.
    Looks a good wee forum.
    2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
    Ex Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
    Ex Caterham 7

Comment

I have good used condition M coupe sills for 120gbp+express 2 days shipping if wanted ;)
      I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
      sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Sills

Thanks to all.
        We have ordered a pair of new sills at a discounted price.
        2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
        Ex Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
        Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Finally got some budget to have some rusted/corroded areas on the car done. Main culprits, as seems to be common, are the sills but also on the bottom of the panel above the sills (the one that the indicator is on) is pretty bad as well.

Have had one place have a look and they have suggested if the price for replacements isn't too bad that might be the better option.

Before I contact the dealer on the forum above does anyone have any other sources? Also what would the panel that the indicator is on be called or part number?

Cheers

Comment

Side panel, front left/right:
            https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=41_0034
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I call them front wings - and they're about £260 each!

You can get aftermarket ones for about £50/side though but not sure how easy they are to get hold of (Eurocarparts used to sell them but no longer do). The fit is ok, not perfect though and requires a lot of faffing where the OE panel just drops on and sit right first time. So it is probably better to find some good rust-free panels off a z3 breaking on ebay or stump up the cash at BMW (but over £500 for two small panels is a bit much - I have no idea how such as small panel that was mass-produced on all Z3s worldwide is so expensive).

Comment

Yup front wings,they are the same as a standard z3,dont get stung for "M" loading.

Comment

This crowd do them for 232 euro + posting

https://www.leebmann24.de/seitenwand...358398693.html

If I was going to the trouble of replacing and painting panels id buy new. Imo any second hand panel you buy will be at least 15 years and will proably have the starting of some kind of corrosion.
                  Last edited by UJM3; 13-04-2017, 06:53 PM.
                  KW V3, H&R arbs, H&R 12mm Spacers, Weichers Strut Brace, Ireland Engineering Bushes, Uprated rear top mounts,swapped front top mounts, EBC Yellows, Simota CAI, Supersprint Exhaust, Shadow chrome Roadstars

Comment

Just to let everyone know that the dealer (Harry Fairbairn) on BMW Forum has come back with some very good looking prices for the sills and side panels.

Once you register on the forum they have their own section where you just post what you are looking for, they come back with the discounted, delivered price and ref number for you to call them.

I will add I haven't yet placed the order but still looks like a good source for parts.

Comment

Originally posted by stoney View Post
                      Got a pair of new sills deliverd yesterday, genuine BMW ones, i joined this forum http://www.bmwforums.info/forum.php
                      There is a dealer on there called Harry Fairburn who give excellent discount to members I paid £260.00 for the pair deliverd to my home, saving £100.00 on what I was quoted from my local BMW dealers.

You just need to join the forum and contact him via it and he will quote you.

Stoney

Good shout Stoney, just had a pair of sills delivered, £235.
                      Assume it is best to have them painted off the car?

for info. http://www.bmwforums.info/harry-fair...te-please.html The other parts I requested prices for are the front wings ( £173 ea.).

Cheers

Comment

Off the car I think Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X