Bulb replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulb replacement

The dash light below the headlight switch has gone out. Can anyone explain how to replace the bulb please. It doesn't seem to be covered in the Bentley Service manual and I can't see an obvious way of getting to it.

Likely i'm being a bit dim but.......!

Thanks,
    Ian
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

not sure if you need the tool but this is how to remove the switch which may hold the vent assy in place and when removed

you will be able to access the bulb which should be the same at the ashtray/dash bulbs

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/ele...ht_switch.html

Comment

Thanks a lot Dave.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Think the tool is needed!

Does anyone know the correct part number (90886613100 doesn't appear to be recognised).

Thanks,
        Ian

Comment

may help,

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1054609

Comment

Nah,i got mine out easily when i had to replace the switch,just used a small electrical screw driver,very easy to do!

Comment

So what's the agreement on this? Does the vent have to come out or can it be done through the switch hole?

The light on mine is out, and though it doesn't bother me much, I'd like to address it.

Same thing with my AC button, the bulb is blown and I would like to replace it. What's the store with the AC button and is it easy to replace? It's the button right above the recirculation button.

Thanks!
              '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black S52 M-Coupe

Comment

The switch comes out very easily! once this is out the vent will more than likely fall out! not the other way round,it really is not a hard job to do at all,to replace the aircon switch which is not illuminated until it is turned on,i would use DavePs method of pushing it out via the gearshift gator.which incidentally just pulls up the little screws around the edge of the chrome surround are fake!

Comment

Working...
                X