No announcement yet.

Clock issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps it's a supernatural occurrence, does it's appearance depend on how the car has been driven.
    Last edited by ian; 28-06-2016, 09:17 AM.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

MY old clock showing very faint line

Comment

was there ever a solution to clock losing time

hey all,

Picked up this thread today as I noticed getting in the car post daylight saving that not only was the clock needing changing, but it was now slowly losing time.
        The car has been out of use for a while so thought that might be it, maybe the battery was losing charge or something.
        However, have been on a very long drive (800m) so the battery should be fully charged.
        Checked after leaving overnight and sure enough, about an hour slow.

Is this a symptom of a battery on the way out? Current (not original and mind the pun) battery has been in there for 7.5 years ~ 42k miles.

Comment

My clock does similar Bruski - maintains reasonable time when the MC is used very regularly, loses time quite significantly when not. I replaced the car battery a couple of years ago because, and it's made no difference to the fault with the clock. I think they're just generally pretty flaky unfortunately.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

recent thread regarding clock issue -

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20020

Comment

Thanks folks, so no magic cure and probably a lot of energy to expend. Seems also to be a problem on the 944 so we are not alone.

Comment

My clock is now doing the same thing. The car had not been used for nearly 4months until mid April with the battery disconnected. Up to that point it was used at least once a monthlong was always fine. Seems weird because surely it should just start working again with battery reconnected, but it loses time now. I wonder if it has an element of ignition switched power? Can't see why it would but if it did is it worth taking a direct fixed power to it?

Comment

Working...
                X