H&R Anti Roll Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&R Anti Roll Bars

Following Dave's advice at the Cumbria International Motor Show I have ordered H&R Arbs and new drop links and having them fitted next week. Looking back at other threads it seems that perhaps the stiffer setting on the front and softer on the rear works best?
    Any views or experience would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
    sigpic

You may have seen it already but there's a fair bit of feedback from a few different members here:

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11254

Comment

Going full stiff on the front from stock bars will feel very twitchy IMO. Issues with nuts coming lose also IME. I used to run my car like this but gone back to soft/soft and it feels more balanced and rides a touch better.

Go soft front and back which still gives MASSIVE anti roll control over stock.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, given that I have been used to the vagueness / roll of stock ARB's when cornering at speed I think I will start with soft / soft and see what difference that makes first!
        I am hoping that it will make a real difference and corner more like an M car should!
        I only have standard shocks and springs as don't want to go too hardcore given the standard of Britain's roads.
        sigpic

Comment

You will be pleasantly surprised - they make a huge difference!

Comment

I'll let you know once they are fitted!
            sigpic

Comment

Best Mod you can do...you will notice the difference straight away!
              Last edited by kwoffa; 22-06-2018, 05:49 PM. Reason: ±±±±±

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                Best Mod you can do...you will notice the difference straight away!
                I've still got mine in a box next to the car. Never got around to fitting them and once the suspension was refreshed I never felt the need.
                I suppose I should do something with them at some stage...
                S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                  I've still got mine in a box next to the car. Never got around to fitting them and once the suspension was refreshed I never felt the need.
                  I suppose I should do something with them at some stage...

yes get them fitted!

Comment

Had the H&R ARB's fitted today and just collected the car from the garage. In a word, WOW, what a difference, only been on a short test run but the difference is amazing ! Cant wait to go on longer run along some sweeping A roads!

If you haven't got these fitted, you should!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Dave
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stink View Post
                      Had the H&R ARB's fitted today and just collected the car from the garage. In a word, WOW, what a difference, only been on a short test run but the difference is amazing ! Cant wait to go on longer run along some sweeping A roads!

If you haven't got these fitted, you should!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Dave

makes a massive difference as said

Comment

H&R

Got H&R fitted to my M roadster and found amazing. Will do on my M coupe for sure once I will start the full restoration at the end of this year.
                        I found soft/soft settings means better handling and more comfortable drive.

Comment

H&R

Forgot to tell you guys, that I had experience about loosen nuts as well when settings was Hard.....

Comment

Working...
                          X