Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Forum Meets
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Just read that there will be no BWM Car Club festival at Gaydon (or that's how I read it) but instead they are concentrating on Silverstone Classic. What a real shame as this was one of the best BMW shows to attend and also at a great location.
Old 14-02-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
Just read that there will be no BWM Car Club festival at Gaydon (or that's how I read it) but instead they are concentrating on Silverstone Classic. What a real shame as this was one of the best BMW shows to attend and also at a great location.
That’s right Dave - quoted from the email I received today:

“National Festival Announcement
Silverstone Classic to be main event in 2020

Last edited by Dave P; 14-02-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 14-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Removed email as I have had complaints in the past from the BMW car club when emails have been copied onto the forum.

Really disappointing that this event isn't taking place this year and surprised another venue couldn't have been found as Silverstone is a completely different venue and nothing like the arrangement they had at Gaydon. Oh well moan over.
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
Removed email as I have had complaints in the past from the BMW car club when emails have been copied onto the forum.
Fair enough Dave, didn’t realise.

Surprised that they’ve cancelled without a replacement sorted. Only thing I thought was missing from the event was an array of traders. Most enthusiasts love wandering around auto jumble and stalls selling anything car related. At the NEC Classic I spend as much time on the stalls as I do looking at the cars!

Old Today, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
Fair enough Dave, didn’t realise.

Surprised that they’ve cancelled without a replacement sorted. Only thing I thought was missing from the event was an array of traders. Most enthusiasts love wandering around auto jumble and stalls selling anything car related. At the NEC Classic I spend as much time on the stalls as I do looking at the cars!

Agreed I am also surprised they didn't have a plan b with something as important as the National festival, I really enjoyed the show every year I went. I imagine there will be a few shocked people when they see how much it costs for a ticket to Silverstone classic.

Tags
forum meets, scitp