Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help please guys re: fitting wheel

Hi,

Got wheel yesterday so thought i'd have a blast at fitting it today with an equal incompetant mate.

Got the air bag removed to expose this:

Couldnt see anything that just clips off so undid the main bolt

Wheel came off with gubbings still attached to the back inc all wires. Tried to remove the bit that turns (slipring??) but had to remove the whole back (well, as far as i could see) which was still attached to the wiring

The bit that turns:

and the gubbings

back of new wheel:

anyway, please help if you can, if not, then it'll have to be a trip down to indy. Thinking i may need a new slipring thingy

cheers
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

By the looks of things, you have split the slip ring there which you're not really supposed to do; it should unbolt off t he back of the old wheel and maybe bolt straight on to the new one.

Thoe threee phillips screws on the back of the new wheel; what do they hold on? they may be to screw the slip ring on to that.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      By the looks of things, you have split the slip ring there which you're not really supposed to do; it should unbolt off t he back of the old wheel and maybe bolt straight on to the new one.

Thoe threee phillips screws on the back of the new wheel; what do they hold on? they may be to screw the slip ring on to that.
      thought i may have gone too far,

The three philips you mention where not on the same PCD as the new wheel. This makes me think that i may need a new slipring. I did get it off in one but there was no way it was fitting on the new wheel cos of the differing PCD's.

I will have a look on realoem later and see if there are different sliprings.

cheers
      EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
      Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Working...
      X