X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain tensioner replacement

Anyone replaced their chain tensioner if so easy to do? #12

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_1307
    Last edited by Dave P; 28-12-2019, 01:40 PM.

Hello Dave
    I checked mine on a M Roadster while I was re conditioning the vanos before I sold it and bought the coupe, it had 78,000 miles on the clock and had very little wear on the slipper it is a quality item made of a cast alloy material not plastic like the s54 variant
    Regards Glen

Comment

Mine is a little noisy- when I enquired about replacing it, my mechanic advised that these versions show very wear long term wear. He mentioned he’s replaced a handful (with reconditioned parts) but not on his own race car (E36 Evo). I may do mine next year along with a Vanos refurbishment, but will see how the car goes over the next few months.

I understand that these are shared with the S14 (amongst others) and are easy enough to find...
      ‘99 M Coupe | ‘07 M5 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by danzoe View Post
        Hello Dave
        I checked mine on a M Roadster while I was re conditioning the vanos before I sold it and bought the coupe, it had 78,000 miles on the clock and had very little wear on the slipper it is a quality item made of a cast alloy material not plastic like the s54 variant
        Regards Glen
        Originally posted by DBA086 View Post
        Mine is a little noisy- when I enquired about replacing it, my mechanic advised that these versions show very wear long term wear. He mentioned he’s replaced a handful (with reconditioned parts) but not on his own race car (E36 Evo). I may do mine next year along with a Vanos refurbishment, but will see how the car goes over the next few months.

I understand that these are shared with the S14 (amongst others) and are easy enough to find...

thanks for the replies, looks like they are a quality bit of kit on the S50B32 and good for 100,000+ miles

Comment

Working...
        X