Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp washer nozzle

Sorry folks - more newbie questions....

My O/S headlight washer nozzle needs replacing. One of the jets is totally missing and the black plastic bezel has snapped off and it looks unsightly.

So two questions...

1. How to remove it - it's been too wet (Storm Dennis) today to go out an look at it but my internet research suggests that you need to remove the front bumper to change it? Is that right?

2. In the absence of being able to remove the old one to look at it, does anyone know if these are correct - as they look different to other photos I have seen, but are much cheaper:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Automotiv...53.m1438.l2649

For reference these I think are likely to be correct but they look somewhat different - and more expensive!:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-E3...53.m1438.l2649
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

You don't have to remove the bumper as access is possible by dropping the front of the arch liner . I will post up some pictures if I can find some of the nozzle type.

Comment

S50 nozzle,

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/showpart...=61&fg=45&hl=2

Comment

Darn it - that's the expensive one!

Do you know if there's slack on the pipework below it - I'm wondering if it just attaches to flexy-tube and therefore if the diameter is the same it'll push onto the cheaper replacements?
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
          Darn it - that's the expensive one!

Do you know if there's slack on the pipework below it - I'm wondering if it just attaches to flexy-tube and therefore if the diameter is the same it'll push onto the cheaper replacements?

Here's some pictures showing pipework (S50)

Comment

Strange picture as it shows two bumpers but you can see nozzle on far bumper

Comment

Comment

Thanks for that Dave - first thoughts that looks highly encouraging - it's flexible pipework - so with any luck the cheap ones will work.
                Then compared the shape of the cheap ones with the genuine BMW ones & can see they would sit at the wrong angle - so bite the bullet -buy the real ones!
                Last edited by 137699; 17-02-2020, 04:34 PM.
                ----------------
                David
                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                  Thanks for that Dave - first thoughts that looks highly encouraging - it's flexible pipework - so with any luck the cheap ones will work.
                  Then compared the shape of the cheap ones with the genuine BMW ones & can see they would sit at the wrong angle - so bite the bullet -buy the real ones!

The part is also threaded and held in place with a large nut so makes sense to buy the correct item - should be around £40 from a dealer

Comment

Working...
                  X