Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underseal

Hi all

I'm getting new sills, rear quarters and front wings. I really must post some photos as they look amazing.

Whilst parts are off I'd like to seal the chassis. Any recommendations? I've looked at Waxoyl but they tend to get mixed reviews

Cheers

MNB

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

underseal

i used spray cans of tetroseal a few years ago on my rear panells and sills and all underside and its still there.its a lot easier to use than the wax oil and can reach auquard places.

Comment

Hi Martin,
      I've been using Dinitrol products for years, it lasts much better than Waxoyl. On my Coupé I removed the outer sill panels, rear wings and front wings. This gives great access to apply some decent protection. In the main sill structure, bonnet, tailgate and doors I inject 3125, and coat the exposed surfaces (insides of sills, wings etc.) with 4941. You can use aerosols but I use a Sata lance injection system for the cavities, and simply brush on the exposed surfaces.
      Roger

Comment

Hi there,

Done a lot to the underside of my coupe last year. Fortunately caught it in time on the chassis, so it was rust removal & treatment only (no rot!).
        I tried Rustbuster products (Practical Classics magazine give them 10/10).
        I used the Molecular rust converter on pitted areas, followed by the epoxy two pack mastic paint and finished with the Mil-Spec wax.
        Only time will tell how successful my attempts have been but after using their products I would never go back to Hammerite & Waxoil.
        I think the stuff they use was developed for the Marine Industry so should be very suitable for car chassis. Not horrendously expensive either.
        They have quite a good website, check it out.

Howard

Comment

Have done exactly the same as yourself Howard ,lets have a look in 10 years time and compare results....Must admit was very impressed with the products.

Comment

If you mean the bits the sit under the panels then use dinitrol spray wax as mentioned. It comes with a long straw and comes out really thin so runs into seams and box sections like the sills, then drys a brown wax film. Much better than waxoyl.

Comment

Originally posted by danzoe View Post
              Have done exactly the same as yourself Howard ,lets have a look in 10 years time and compare results....Must admit was very impressed with the products.

Welcome to the forum, sorry for the slow response to moderate your first post

Comment

Working...
              X