Clear All

Originally posted by breezer View Post
    Yup, just got my fedex tracking number!
    tracking numbers in for me too
    BMW Polygamy
    1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci: Sold.
    1999 M Coupe: Sold
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone receive theirs yet? I am flying to London for 2 weeks. Anyone want to meet?
      BMW Polygamy
      2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
      2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Not yet, but tracking says it's at the depot located just 8 miles away. Delivery scheduled for today. Whoop!
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by racer mxm View Post
          Did anyone receive theirs yet? I am flying to London for 2 weeks. Anyone want to meet?
          Sure, I think I can find time for a drink or two in the next 2 weeks - I'm mainly based around the City. Probably won't have the car though, as it's in storage.

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
          Not yet, but tracking says it's at the depot located just 8 miles away. Delivery scheduled for today. Whoop!
          Mine's at the local depot too! Score!

Comment

Guess what I've just taken delivery of

Comment

Guess what I've just taken delivery of
              How is it?

Comment

Very nice. Better when it has an MC fastened to it I suspect

I just went for the perforated Silberfeil. Nothing fancy. No obvious horn buttons (fairly small 'hit' spot for those so may take a bit of getting used to - not that I've used the horn once in the 2 years I've had the car) and no model name printed across the airbag. Spot on

Small, indented round Raid logo at the bottom, but very subtle and easily covered with a small BMW badge if required.

Happy chap. Just got to get it fitted now
                Last edited by Fat Tony; 16-08-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Very nice. Better when it has an MC fastened to it I suspect

I just went for the perforated Silberfeil. Nothing fancy. No obvious horn buttons (fairly small 'hit' spot for those so may take a bit of getting used to - not that I've used the horn once in the 2 years I've had the car) and no model name printed across the airbag. Spot on

Small, indented round Raid logo at the bottom, but very subtle and easily covered with a small BMW badge if required.

Happy chap. Just got to get it fitted now
                  Awesome, it's been confirmed that mine's arrived at my storage, so I'll try to get it fitted this weekend using Jon's guide.

This, I suspect, will be the only time I'm happy to have a 1998 car as opposed to a 2002! Single phase airbag ftw.

Comment

I just went for the perforated Silberfeil. Nothing fancy. No obvious horn buttons (fairly small 'hit' spot for those so may take a bit of getting used to - not that I've used the horn once in the 2 years I've had the car)
                    I wasn't sure if we could have ordered the buttons in silver? Wish I had known. But its all good I guess.

Congrats on getting the wheel.
                    BMW Polygamy
                    2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by racer mxm View Post
                      I wasn't sure if we could have ordered the buttons in silver? Wish I had known. But its all good I guess.
                      The one with the silver buttons is a different model (also available with black buttons). There was a link showing all the different models available earlier in the thread and in the PM I sent out mate.

Here's a photo showing the horn push detail (sorry, the boot carpet needs a vac, lol)

Comment

I think you chose the best combination there Tony. The silver horn buttons don't look right IMO and just stand out. And that Silberfeil logo, what are they thinking with that option????

Comment

Ok, mine have been delivered (on the 14th actually), but for some reason haven't shown up on my internet account as delivered, but I am sure they will tomorrow.
                          BMW Polygamy
                          2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Well, all things being equal, today is fitting day! Wish me luck. I'm hoping the single stage is easier than the two stage setup.

Comment

All going well, except that I've got to the re-assembly stage: the screw holes in the new hub aren't threaded, and the stupid star splined screws aren't strong enough to thread the holes by themselves. Any suggestions?

Also, I appear to have an extra wire! With the new wheel there is an extra earth wire for the horn (black), in addition to the OE one (blue). Anyone got any idea what I should do?

Comment

Remember the same on mine; I chewed up the tiny torx screw creating a thread in the hub. I a little tap and die set would help here!

Can't help with the horn wiring although it's pretty simple as it just earths when you press I think!

Comment

Working...
                                X