Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aargghhh - why is choosing new suspension so difficult?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spooks View Post

How do you adjust the fronts for rebound, as in have you drilled a similar hole in the front top mount dust covers?
    I don't use the dust covers: I keep the engine bay very clean.
    I have K-Mac camber/caster plates, so the position of the end of the strut can be variable.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      Its certainly the easier way out!

Did it feel much different with it just being new?
      I've driven a 10,000mile Coupe, looked practically brand new inside and out and it felt the same as I remembered my standard 90,000mile car did when I bought it. Compared to my car (by that time on modified suspension) I could feel the rear subframe squidging around over bumps, just felt soft and "comfortable" and too normal. It's fine for some people, but an "M Sport" equivalent or rather the ACS suspension should have been an official option from new.

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
        I don't use the dust covers: I keep the engine bay very clean.
        I have K-Mac camber/caster plates, so the position of the end of the strut can be variable.
        I know what you mean about keeping it clean but without the dust covers on my OEM front top mounts the bearings would be exposed to the elements, albeit 1 inch down a shaft. I have fitted the old ones back in but thy don't fit as well due to the length of the new strut being higher. It's a bit of an oversight by KW to be honest, I expect better for that sort of money
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Working...
        X