Cold idle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold idle issues

Opposite problem most people seem to be having!

When starting from cold, my idle is now c.1k revs, not the usual 600rpm. Once the car is warm, it's back to normal.

The idle is totally smooth, and otherwise seems normal - just a bit higher than it used to be!

Can anyone shed any light? My searching on here only brought up 'warm' idle issues.

Thanks!

not sure of the exact revs, but i thought thats how its supposed to be?

approx 1k on startup, and once its warm back down 600ish

sounds like you are worrying about a problem that isnt there

Click here to email me

Comment

I agree, all sounds normal to me! Maybe you have never noticed a fast cold idle, which is around 1000-1100 for about 30seconds and slowly comes down as it warms up. Unless it has never done it before in which case that's not right but fixed itself!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        I agree, all sounds normal to me! Maybe you have never noticed a fast cold idle, which is around 1000-1100 for about 30seconds and slowly comes down as it warms up. Unless it has never done it before in which case that's not right but fixed itself!
        Haha, I actually think that might be it. I'm actually very attentive to these things, and it's never done it - it's not just that I haven't noticed. Well, thankfully it's fixed itself. I should probably try to work out why, but it sounds like I don't need to at the moment...

Comment

Working...
        X