Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed... OUTCH, the wife scratched the ZM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed... OUTCH, the wife scratched the ZM!!!

ops: The wife managed to scratch the bumper & cracked the front/side light while driving out our very tight garage under our building.... (it was an accident waiting to happen really)

As you can see from the picture below.... it's not TOO bad.... but still bad

To be fair, the scratches are not that deep although a few spots go deep... and there is a small slit/crack on the right of the opening

I would appreciate advice on what to do & who to go see to fix it :?:

I live in central London and would like any contact of garage/body works who you have used before & would do a good job

Not sure if it needs full bumper spray or just some sort of polish and touch up?

I am also looking for a place (maybe the same place) to tune the beast. The car has been feeling a bit groggy recently and has a bit of a stammer when accelerating

SO

a performance garage in the London area would be good who could deal with it all!

I still have extended warranty and not sure if tuning the car not in a stealer would cause any issues with warranty etc

Thanks for any help

Please avoid too many jokes about the solution being 'not to let the wife drive' as I already know this!!! :wink: ... although not really that practical solution at the moment
    Paul R

'01 Estoril & black/grey, Schnitzer Exhaust

One tip to prevent the same thing happening again. Get some old carpet and hang it on the walls so that you can open the doors and make slight contact with the bodywork without marking the paintwork.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Exdos...

there is actualy carpet on post of the pillars, but not this particular wall corner

good tip though

Ta

any idea of who / how to get fixed?

cheers

Paul
      Paul R

Comment

someone left an identicle mark on my car, also with a cracked sidelight.

As a many members will remember I have had a full respray completed on my car and it was an exellent job but shortly after this I returned to the car to see the exact same damage as pictured.

I bought the sidelight and fitted myself (£7ish) and then booked it back in with Ian who had sprayed my car.

He works at an Audi/VW body shop just outside of London and does an exellent job at a great price.

I have recommended him to a couple of members, in fact Chippy has just this friday recieved his car back after a full front end job (bonnet/bumper and fitting of Schnitzer splitters)

We met today in Clapham and its looks awesome!
        Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
        New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Damage

I've used Chips away, situated behind the Audi garage on York Rd. Cost about £70 for something similar, very well done. I have the full details if you want them.
          From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Lee/DC
            thanks for your posts

I would appreciate it you could pass on details of the company / contact so I can get in touch with them

cheers
            Paul R

Comment

I thought you were going to be asking for advice on how to punish the Missus. :)
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Working...
              X