Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side lights - what retains them

Hi guys,

I had a bulb out in one of the sidelights (the ones in the front bumper) so popped them out, changed and popped back in.

Job done you may think, however, they now keep popping back out. What exactly retains them in place?!

I don't think I broke any clips, but nothing seems to positively retain them.

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

There are lugs on the lamp that hook behind the bumper at one end and a spring clip at the other. You push back against the spring clip to release the lugs from behind the bumper and then release. Installation is the reverse.

Comment

That sounds how id imagine it would be, however I appear to have lugs. The only thing I can think is the lugs have broken, even though they don't look to have.

Does anyone have a photo of said 'lug'?!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

The lugs are on the rearward edge.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great, thanks. So I can tell the lug isn’t broken off, so it must be the angle of the spring clip at the other end.

Is the clip meant to sit against the end of hole in the bumper to apply the force to keep it in?

Comment

Now I know what I’m looking for, it’s be found this picture...

Looks like the clips should be bent all way back on themselves, where mine have been pulled out of shape as I removed them. Will bend them back and should be done

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
              Is the clip meant to sit against the end of hole in the bumper to apply the force to keep it in?
              Yes, the spring clip pushes the lamp forward to keep those plastic lugs engaged and also retains the rear part of the lamp in a similar fashion.

Comment

Working...
              X