FS: Z3MC Hartge 3.5 - black, LHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gobelinois View Post
    Confirmed by Target today, they answered my email.
    The car is from germany and has only run from 98 to 2000 when it then have been stored by a car collector. The car comes with paper S50 that have been upgraded to fit the Hartge 3.5 (paper in line with Hartge engine power) done when the car was brand new. Car registred 2nd Feb 99 and upgraded with hartge motor on papers on 17th feb 99.

Since 30.000km and year 2000, the car seems not to have had maintenance declared in the maintenance book. It ran 16.000km meanwhile on occasionally drive with service "in these years" without obvious details.

Is there any way I can ensure if this car will sustainably work?
    I would not consider investing >40K€ in a car that will break some time after.

I asked if the car is accident free and the answer is "We cannot guarantee it is accident free as we have noticed that some parts are repainted we dont know if this was due to a previous accident or just optical issues".

I am a bit sceptical.

Hope some of you can share their view on this.

May be worth paying to have someone inspect the car for repairs and general condition if its not been used or serviced for a long period .

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      May be worth paying to have someone inspect the car for repairs and general condition if its not been used or serviced for a long period .
      It definitely makes sense. If the car could be inspected by BMW before the sale, it would make me more comfortable. I will go there with a friend that have a classic car garage and know about cars that have not been used for a while and potential damage linked to it.

Taking into account the price set, this rather looks like a bet to get a car clear from any defect rather than an obvious opportunity.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

Old post but saw a brochure and spec sheet for sale for this conversion,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hartge-BM...26d1%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Comment

Comment

Old video when Target had the car for sale,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0cXQj7d_T4

Comment

Working...
              X