No announcement yet.

My First Z3M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers me too. It seems a shame shes all show-ready, and sat on the drive.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 137699 View Post
      Really hoping we will be able to get some meets going later this year - be great to see this one in the flesh!
      +1!

Just read this from the start, can't believe how much progress you've made John in the space of a few months. An inspiring and interesting read and some good details noted to look out for on mine.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Cheers, appreciated.

It's funny when I first got the Z, I looked at some of the threads on here and thought hope I don't have to pull my car to pieces, and then 2 weeks later it's on axel stands.
        Last edited by Jonnysideways; 22-05-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Parts from Germany arrived quicker than some bits I ordered in the UK, well chuffed.

Some more shiny screws too whilst I was at it.

A new trim piece in waiting can be finally fitted.

Trim piece eased into place to save pulling off the sill trim and breaking the trim clips.

Looking much better than the original old ripped trim, the door actually has resistant to being closed and has a good seal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
            Cheers, appreciated.

It's funny when I first got the Z, I looked at some of the threads on here and thought hope I don't have to pull my car to pieces, and then 2 weeks later it's on axel stands.
            Isn't that just the way it goes. All of my projects have gone the same way. Take a piece off, find something, take the next piece off, find something

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

• The door rubbers and sill covers really take a beating

Comment

• On all the BMW's. Just glad they were not E46 door seals at £400 plus aside.
                Last edited by Jonnysideways; 28-10-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                  Isn't that just the way it goes. All of my projects have gone the same way. Take a piece off, find something, take the next piece off, find something
                  Err yes 200% lol

Comment

• More parts on order.

Genuine BMW Selector Shaft Bush 5th + Reverse Gears Repair Kit OEM 23117542726 to sort my no centering gear stick, which will improve the driving experience 10 food I hope, and whilst the gearbox is out ill have them fit my LRUK Clutch which was kindly supplied with the car (believed to be the issue with the gearshift I think previously)

Comment

• Car was in the BMW Owners club mag for June too, so I can bore thousands of more owners with my rebuild lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                        Car was in the BMW Owners club mag for June too, so I can bore thousands of more owners with my rebuild lol.
                        Got to have something to read about on the crapper!

Comment

• Thanks, I guess LOL.

Comment

• Some more bits ready to go onto the car, some new bushes to fix my annoying "Stuck to the left" gear stick, as its no longer centralising, and whilst the gearbox is our popping in the clutch that came with the car, may as well whilst it's out.

£350 to get the gearbox in and out for an £8.00 part, about right in the mad world of keeping cars going.

Booked in Monday, so fingers crossed it comes back out for the weekend, as hate it not being on the drive when I'm not working.

Comment

• The cars back and all is sorted. new clutch has made a noticeable difference, the old one was on its last legs, so glad I popped the new one in before I started to have issues.

The bush was successful replaced on the 5th gear, and now my gearstick is vertical and goes where it should do.

Full operation here: https://youtu.be/6h4zz8XkNKI

Comment

• Nice work! That’s going to make quite a difference when the box is cold and for the fast confident shifts! Mine is pretty worn but not too bad, although I did notice my wife was changing from 5th to 5th a few times because it doesn’t self centre very well :)

Comment

Working...
                                X