Cabin noise - Any ideas please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin noise - Any ideas please?

I've developed a high pitched whine in the cabin at high speed and I wondered if anyone has experienced anything like it.

It's very odd and gets pretty loud at 90+

My money was on the screen rubber but I tried taping up the couple of little creases in it, but that made no difference.

Have a listen........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXa6rvcV-N4

I've booked a window guy to refit the front screen but in the mean time I wondered if anyone has any ideas from experience please?

Difficult to tell over that V8 roar, could it be the wipers rather than the windscreen seal?

Comment

I remember having something similar when I had the roadster. Turned out to be the lh side triangular vent that demists the side windows. A clip had broken and it was lifting slightly.
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Funny, I used to get exactly the same noise but at higher speeds , sounded almost like an alarm at around 140. I always assumed it was something to do with the sunroof but not sure if you have one?. It does sound air being forced through something, try dropping a window slightly?

Having thought about it, Ive had a few windscreens on my car over the years and don't recall hearing the noise the last time I went fast in it in Germany, so maybe there is something in that.
        Last edited by c_w; 31-05-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input gents.

I’ve had a look / listen at all the vents as well as I can and couldn’t see or hear anything unusual.

The noise gets unbearably loud at 100+ so needs sorting. I’ll see once the screen is refitted.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
            Thanks for the input gents.

I’ve had a look / listen at all the vents as well as I can and couldn’t see or hear anything unusual.

The noise gets unbearably loud at 100+ so needs sorting. I’ll see once the screen is refitted.
            Maybe try also adjusting the heater vent position when it's making the noise (ie windscreen vs blowers vs feet) to see if that alters it.

Comment

Working...
            X