No announcement yet.

Hello from Munich!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The transmission cover will be changed to an cover with two mountings, the boot floor will be straightended and the output driveshafts will be a whole new construction. The rear transmission itself has no problem with the power.

Sorry for not having updates, jet. I'm totally in finishing my GTR project to get it on the track the first time. Only a few little things to optimize, but as you know......
    The last 2% take 98% of the building time

https://vimeo.com/124095650
    Last edited by FabiZ3M; 11-04-2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Yesterday I did some maintenance to my seats. As nearly every Z3 seat, my seats were shaky as hell.... So I disassembled the base frames and put out the mandrels to replace the rubber buffers. Additionally the other two plastic pieces were replaced, so that the seats are absolutely stable again now.
      Also I was lucky to get an imola red stacker and back cover again (those were missing as I bought the car) and a new carpet, because the old one was very worn.....
      Now I love the look of the interior again!!!

Comment

I suspect we havent had an update in a while due to you driving each and every waking moment

Comment

Haha not driving my Z3M V10 jet, but my M3 GTR had it's debut
          Very fast and real fun to drive... But unfortunately had a crash in stint 3

If you are interested in, here some laps from Salzburgring (Austria)

https://youtu.be/R474h89HO0I

At the Z3M V10 I did the engine wiring loom today...but still some work to do....

Comment

Wow that is quick indeed!

Comment

Great video. Nice and quick once the track started drying out!

Comment

How is the beast coming along Fabi?

Comment

Building the beast comes along a bit slow now, because there is almost no space left now for the last missing parts.
                  I'm constructing the cooling line for the gearbox at the moment. Water and oil cooling is ready. I also found a very flat fan to mount between the radiator and the engine.
                  Also I changed the old ECU box to an bigger one, made from CFK by Wethje, originally constructed for the Z4 GTE racecars.
                  This was necessary to have enough room to wire and save the original M5 ECU.

Everything is becoming really tight now.

Comment

To keep the gearbox cool, I integrated a little oilcooler to the left brake air duct, below the headlight. Another space stuffed with technics

Comment

loving this mate!

Comment

Its taking shape

Comment

Ok course you realise that we're all coming over for test rides once this is done...
                          S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Ok, please start a list and enter your target date for a test drive

Yesterday I met with my electrician to make plans for the wiring.

Comment

How much is left to do - other than wiring?

Comment

The main work is:
                                I have to manufacture new powersteering hydraulic hoses. Not sure if I will use Dash fittings or crimp some hoses at the hydraulic shop. It's a difficult decision, because the power steering is generating pressures up to 140bar (over 2000PSI)
                                I'm NOT looking forward to see those burst!

Don't know if I mentioned yet, that I use an electronic motorsports power steering pump. On the one hand to save weight and space in the front, on the other hand to relive the engine and raise the top end power output at about 5%.

Comment

Working...
                                X