No announcement yet.

Carcoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used a carcoon for years and it's been excellent, esp as the garage is a little damp. I like the idea of the veloce type as well, because the traditional carcoon can be difficult to put up hence I tend to leave my old MG in there over the winter rather than starting and moving it. I have to crawl in to check the car which is a pain. Now my old carcoon has packed up I think I'll get a veloce one, happy to let you know what it's like.
    S54 M Coupe
    D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

I have ordered a Carcoon evo due to the limited size I have in the garage so should be arriving in the next few weeks.

Comment

My Elan Sprints outside the patio door in the Carcoon.....

Last edited by Peter G; 16-11-2016, 08:45 PM.
        2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
        2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
        07 Volvo V70 D5
        1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
        1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Ive just assembled the new carcoon, a Veloce, so you erect a frame inside it and then can easily gain access once the car's in storage. Took a bit of figuring out but now it's up I'm very impressed with it.
          S54 M Coupe
          D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Howiez View Post
            Ive just assembled the new carcoon, a Veloce, so you erect a frame inside it and then can easily gain access once the car's in storage. Took a bit of figuring out but now it's up I'm very impressed with it.
            Another vote for the Carcoon Veloce. Took about an hour to build it including the internal frame, the YouTube video is very helpful. I’ve had the car in for a couple of hours with the vent open to dry it out and it’s working a treat. I also installed some LED lighting.

I’ve tried posting a picture but it won’t let me, I’ll try uploading to the gallery.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks Dave much appreciated.

The lights are just a bit of fun, strobe mode is quite something

Question for anyone that has a carcoon....Do you leave the windows / sunroof open to let air into the interior?

Comment

Looks good....the lights even better!!

You need to knock a nice sized hole in the wall though, pop in some double glazing so you can see it from your front room
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                        Looks good....the lights even better!!

You need to knock a nice sized hole in the wall though, pop in some double glazing so you can see it from your front room
                        That’s a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                          Thanks Dave much appreciated.

The lights are just a bit of fun, strobe mode is quite something

Question for anyone that has a carcoon....Do you leave the windows / sunroof open to let air into the interior?

I don't leave anything open but its a good question and maybe worth asking Carcoon themselves?

Comment

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Tony I think you have posted the glitter ball picture from your 70's disco forum by mistake

Comment

Inspired by the previous photos Dave, I've been busy upgrading the garage this morning, which now also includes 2sqm of lino for my b-boy dance moves
                                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Working...
                                X