Petrol Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Leak

Around the area of the fuel cap but not the cap itself.

Anyone come accross this problem ?

Car is in yet again for a fix. Aparently the Z series is prone to this problem but no M has developed the fault.

Am I just unlucky ?

didn't you have a petrol leak/smell sorted some time ago ? or not as the case may be..
    Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Erm in a fashion. Removal of the petrol tank requires seats out and a total dismantle so was in dealers for 4 days about a month ago. The weather was pants and I went away soon after but as this fault is only noticaeable when the drivers window is dropped I only got 'whiff' that things were still not right last week.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...61&hg=16&fg=05

Issue is around (17) area.

Comment

hmm, that part has a small rip in my MC as well. But only the rubber surrounding, nothing serious IMHO :?

"Café-Racer mit Raketentrieb"

Comment

Hi Ivo,

Everyday commuting doesn't make the leak that much of an issue however chuck the car round a tight left hander and the stench is unbearable. You probably wouldn't notice as much being sat on the other side - try lowering the passenger window with a full tank as see what happens.

Comment

Hmmm, wil smell this afternoon :twisted:

thank s :wink:

But I guess that, in my case, ther is not yet an open tube towards the petrol tank. It's more the part of the rubber that sits around the plastic inner shield of the rear wing that has a tear.

Hmm, perhaps I'll make a piccie ops:

"Café-Racer mit Raketentrieb"

Comment

Simon,

Do you ever see a damp patch anywhere on the outisde of the petrol system? If you keep the car in a garage, does the garage smell of fuel? It all sounds a bit dangerous to me.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Latest is either a new fuel cap or whole new tank. Will know later.

Sytners kindly lent me a Z4M for 24 hours yesterday which combined with the hot weather was a real treat.

Thanks for the cheque too John :)

Comment

Working...
                X