Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Spotted!
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2015, 12:47 PM

Default Spotted these in the empty lot...

... next to where I live!

Last Saturday, I was juggling some cars around, moving the silver S-54 off the lift to get the white S-54 onto it, and decided to take a few pictures on such a gorgeous winter day here in Florida.

Previous record number of Coupes in my possession at one time had been only three (3), set in Ohio way back in mid-2005. The first time four (4) Coupes were here (in Florida), including my own, was this past November, but that record only stood until the first week of December, when the white one showed up (to get a 3.4 litre S-54 "stroker" engine put in.).

Left to right, an EB S-52, the aforementioned silver S-54, a CB S-52 (that I built an engine for; only 110 break-in miles on it so far), the AW S-54, and my own EB S-52 with the Eurosport twinscrew supercharger fitted. All five (5) are LHD/USA-spec cars.

As soon as I get the AW put back together (engine was supposed to have been delivered last Wednesday, now sheduled for Monday...) it'll get sent down to Active Autoworks for a fresh tune, optimizing its increase in displacement, hotter cams (288/280, IIRC), carbon-fibre CSL airbox and SuperSprint V2 headers.
The build album for this car can be seen here: http://spcarsplus.com/gallery3/index.php/DCC_Stroker

A blast from *my* past; this was the first time I had three (3) Coupes at once (while still operating out of a tiny 2-car Condominium garage!). The AW S-52 has an AA Stg II (Rotrax) supercharger, an EB S-52 and a dead-giveaway by its Laguna Seca color, an S-54.
My wife is like "you can't swing a dead cow without hitting an ///M Coupe!"

www.spcarsplus.com/gallery3
Old 06-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Great pictures
Old 06-02-2015, 05:35 PM

Good pictures. And if that 2 car condominium garage is small, then my one car UK brick garage is micro!

Last edited by inkey$; 06-02-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM

Great pictures, enjoyable read, thanks for sharing!

I'd love to send you my MC to sort out the boot (trunk) floor and diff carrier. But it's just too far!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Nice Randy. What is the coating used on the strokers internal components? I see even the oil pump internals have been treated.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 22-12-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav View Post
Nice Randy. What is the coating used on the strokers internal components? I see even the oil pump internals have been treated.

Cheers,

Paul
I apologize for *never* answering this before, the spotted category just isn't one of my usual__if still infrequent__haunts.

Since 1992, I have been applying and oven-curing polymer coatings, including a dry-film lubricant labeled TLML, a thermal dispersant called TLTD and the thermal barrier TLHB, all purchased direct from their manufacturer Tech Line Coatings.

Their website, not the easiest to negotiate perhaps, but a great deal of useful information available: https://techlinecoatings.com/

Coincidentally, I happen to be in the closing stages of assembling an S-54 engine that was taken apart, leaned and coated a couple of years ago, that turned into a near-perpetual back-burner project For the last couple of weeks, it has been a top priority, and as of right now, the only tasks left are to adjust the valves, put the sump on and once I get it off the engine stand, fit the rear-main seal.

FInally!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3921.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	2618  
www.spcarsplus.com/gallery3