why hasn't this one gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why hasn't this one gone?

Having only just completed a full under-body restoration and panel off repaint I appreciate the amount of money and time to get this right (approx £15k cost). Plus this is where drivers get the real benefits.

So, this could be seen as a £12k Z3M and I wonder why this one hasn't gone yet?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2000/6330837

I have seen this coupe in the flesh a few times and it looks like a good one

Comment

It looks fantastic and in no doubt mint condition and in arguably one of the best colours. I just think it needs a snappier advert.
      Last edited by c_w; 08-02-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I give up.............

Comment

Sounds like a great car. If only I could justify another one...!

Comment

Hello there,

This car looks interesting...

I've been if this forum a few times asking advice re buying a coupe. I'm still looking and wondering why this car hasn't sold myself. Thinking I should be getting a train up to look at it asap. Can anyone enlighten us as to reasons it hasn't sold. It seemed to tick lots of boxes.

Guy

Comment

Perhaps at this price people are looking for lower mileage. Despite the fact that on condition, this is probably a better buy.

If I was in the market right now, I'd be straight off to see this. Fantastic colour too.

Comment

Originally posted by Equistar View Post
                Perhaps at this price people are looking for lower mileage. Despite the fact that on condition, this is probably a better buy.

If I was in the market right now, I'd be straight off to see this. Fantastic colour too.
                I wouldn't say it's particularly high mileage though, especially at this age. Lower mileage seem to be over £30k though, there's a few around this miles for the same or more on Pistonheads. Sub 25k all seem to be over 100k.

Comment

It's had quite a bit of money spent on it over the years. Great colour, want's buying imho.
                  2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
                  2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
                  07 Volvo V70 D5
                  1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
                  1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Condition looks good and it's low mileage. Many folks don't like yellow cars.
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Off topic

Originally posted by ian View Post
                      Many folks don't like yellow cars.
                      So it would seem Ian
                      http://www.pistonheads.com/news/gene...r-convoy/35732

Mindless vandalism, disgusting.

Comment

A famous Englishman once said "I might disagree with everything you say, but I would die for your right to say it". I personally dislike yellow, but each to their own. Disgusting behaviour.
                        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                          So it would seem Ian
                          http://www.pistonheads.com/news/gene...r-convoy/35732

Mindless vandalism, disgusting.
                          WTF? Great that the PH community have got behind the old guy
                          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by fatcat View Post
                            Having only just completed a full under-body restoration and panel off repaint I appreciate the amount of money and time to get this right (approx £15k cost). Plus this is where drivers get the real benefits.

So, this could be seen as a £12k Z3M and I wonder why this one hasn't gone yet?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2000/6330837
                            I didn't read that as a full respray - just that wings and sills were replaced at the front, and the boot floor resprayed at the rear.

Nowhere near £15k of work.

Plus I can tell you from having restored a DB7 Vantage that people prefer one that's original, even if the bits you've restored are guaranteed to break/rot on any car that hasn't had them done. It's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by breezer View Post
                              Plus I can tell you from having restored a DB7 Vantage that people prefer one that's original, even if the bits you've restored are guaranteed to break/rot on any car that hasn't had them done. It's crazy.
                              That will change to a degree over time though. DB7 is a relatively new car like the M Coupe.

Comment

Working...
                              X