Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two S54's for sale at Hexagon! Serious Money.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two S54's for sale at Hexagon! Serious Money.

Couple of low mileage S54 coupes up for sale at Hexagon for serious money!
    2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

I tried to have a good look but got distracted by the Phoenix roadster with Kiwi interior. MY EYES!!!!!
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

We saw the steel grey car recently up for auction perhaps? Mentioned on this forum

Comment

Agreed, serious money. Very well presented in fairness. I’m unsure about the “multi function” steering wheel, whether that’s a mistake with the ad or a feature I’ve not got on mine. Interesting to see how they get on with both cars
        S54 M Coupe
        D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

S54

Will be interested to see how long these are for sale as I will be putting mine up for sale towards the end of next month.
          Mine is Titanium silver with black interior. 50k miles, 2 previous owners & full BMW service history.
          I have been wavering on letting the car go over the last year but having bought a useable replacement it is just not getting used at all now so it will be serviced, mot’d & then advertised.

Comment

There’s a few errors in their ad- first Z3m built in 2000?!? Uprated brakes on the S54? And an “extensive options list”

I met one of the guys from Hexagon last week- he told me these S54’s are due in and they’re both from the same owner. He said they both have 20k miles on them. He also told me they’d just turned down buying a 20k mile E46 M3 for £20k as he only saw it as a £22k car (clearly a £30k car!!)

It’ll be interesting to see how quickly these sell. Hexagon don’t seem to mind sitting on stock for a while...
            S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Originally posted by Howiez View Post
              I’m unsure about the “multi function” steering wheel, whether that’s a mistake with the ad or a feature I’ve not got on mine.
              It must be a later addition as mine certainly is. It turns left AND right, and if you push it in the middle....
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Phew, £70k and £65k, it must be the highest we've seen an MC advertised for!!

I think "multi function steering wheel" is another one of these cut and paste issues (possibly from the Z4MR ad) as result of someone compiling the advert who doesn't know the specs of the cars that Hexagon are selling. Would have expected better from Hexagon, surely someone must proof read the ads before publishing them. Its not as if the specs are not listed anywhere.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

It really bugs me when dealers get things wrong in their ads.

Interestingly (or not) Hexagon is currently being discussed on a Porsche forum due to a 911 turbo they have advertised stating "Originally a display vehicle for Porsche Centre Great Britain" which is stretching the truth somewhat - it was actually one of the Porsche Driving Experience cars at Silverstone, so it's probably spent most of its life being thrashed to within an inch of its life! It was bought through BCA with oil leaks and electrical issues galore and no service history. It does amuse me how these prestigious dealers get away with so much while the smaller dealers are often viewed with suspicion and contempt.

I believe a great deal of Hexagon's customer base is made up of repeat customers, who simply see them as the go-to place when they want to buy or sell (and whose wallets are possibly larger than their market knowledge). Cash-cows are there to be milked. (Harry Enfield's "I saw you coming" antiques shop springs to mind).

If these big prices are achieved then this can only have a positive effect on prices in general though, so good news for owners but not so great for those trying to join the club.
                  S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

My coupe has got option S710A which is M sports steering wheel, multifunction - I think this is how BMW described the standard M wheel.

Hexagon like most dealers just copy the spec from the vin decoder .

Many adverts describe the S54 brakes as being improved over the S50 but the discs calipers and pads are the same so not sure how they come to this conclusion -

We have seen Hexagon buy already expensive coupes and add on a good few grand in the past and have them for sale for years in some cases,

not sure if it has any positive effect on the sales market as in my opinion they just increase sellers expectations artificially.

Both good looking low mileage cars so hopefully they will find new buyers quickly depending on when the bankers receive their bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      My coupe has got option S710A which is M sports steering wheel, multifunction - I think this is how BMW described the standard M wheel.

Hexagon like most dealers just copy the spec from the vin decoder .

Many adverts describe the S54 brakes as being improved over the S50 but the discs calipers and pads are the same so not sure how they come to this conclusion -

We have seen Hexagon buy already expensive coupes and add on a good few grand in the past and have them for sale for years in some cases,

not sure if it has any positive effect on the sales market as in my opinion they just increase sellers expectations artificially.

Both good looking low mileage cars so hopefully they will find new buyers quickly depending on when the bankers receive their bonus
                      Could it be due to 'Murica?

The S52 did not get the floating discs, does the s54 and hence the confusion?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                        Could it be due to 'Murica?

The S52 did not get the floating discs, does the s54 and hence the confusion?
                        I don't think the US got floating discs an either S52 or S54 ? but could be wrong

Comment

Paul Michael's business credo has always been based on:" a long term reputation is of a greater value to Hexagon than a short term profit"

And I guess if you love some cars as much as he does you can afford to keep nice things (of an automobile nature) around you for as long as you like!

Comment

Originally posted by btz461 View Post
                            Paul Michael's business credo has always been based on:" a long term reputation is of a greater value to Hexagon than a short term profit"

And I guess if you love some cars as much as he does you can afford to keep nice things (of an automobile nature) around you for as long as you like!
                            Guess we should consider Hexagon more like a fine art or antiques dealer in terms of the business model rather than your standard "quick churn" car dealer. Clearly they don't need to shift stock quickly to aid cash flow, they can hold on for the best/right price. It's certainly the go to place for those looking for the very best examples, and those in that market will always pay a premium.

For me personally it's great to see the Coupes in amongst all the other exotic cars they have. It goes to show how iconic the car has become.
                            2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post
                              Guess we should consider Hexagon more like a fine art or antiques dealer in terms of the business model rather than your standard "quick churn" car dealer. Clearly they don't need to shift stock quickly to aid cash flow, they can hold on for the best/right price. It's certainly the go to place for those looking for the very best examples, and those in that market will always pay a premium.

For me personally it's great to see the Coupes in amongst all the other exotic cars they have. It goes to show how iconic the car has become.

Completely agree with your last sentence
                              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Working...
                              X