Wishbone Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishbone Query

Had an advisory on play on the front offside wishbone ball joint at last MOT. The car will be going in for service in a few weeks and am figuring may as well get the arm replaced while its there.

Question is are the Lemforder arms supplied by ECP good enough or should I stick with OEM which are obviously quite a bit more expensive?

Cheers

Run away! Anything ecp bring up are the wrong length and the inner joint is rubber not metal. There are three options.

1. Get OEM. Kind of worth it as these are about originality now.
    2. Get a set of e30 arms and eccentric lollypop bushes. These have the same metal inner joint but not the geo. Eccentric bushes put this back to evo specs. Not much wrong with this as everything is renewed and will feel a lot better.
    3. Renew the joints. Meyle ones off eBay have a good rep. You'll need a compitent garage really. Anywhere the bloke in charge is called something like Alf and talks about grinding valves should do.

Oh there is a fourth. I have a ecp lemforder arm I took off mine. Yours for free if you want it.

Comment

E30 M3 wishbones are alloy and an upgrade if you can get them for not silly money.

Comment

If you go down the oem route, bmminiparts.com might be worth a look., should be cheaper than the stealers.
        Estoril blue S50 - 2000: Bilstien B8's, Spax adjustables, H&R springs, H&R anti-roll bars, Rogue top mounts, Tints, M5 alloys, Simota, Supersprint, ACS splitters.

Comment

Working...
        X