X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-speed Exhaust Rear Section (with no silencers!)...good project

FOR SALE:

This is a Pro-Speed custom fabricated back section for the M Coupe or M Roadster. It was originally a full system without any silencers or catalytic converters but due to it being too loud for road use, I kept the decat front section and used my existing silencers with it.

This rear section could either be used in three ways. Firstly it could be attached to the existing BMW resonator boxes (where the connection to the BMW backboxes is - see picture) - this I have tried on a tunnel run (i.e. I had no backboxes, just the resonator) and the noise is amazing - pops and bangs and an exhaust note similar to epic supercars and many TVR's - very raw. I'll post a sound clip. Secondly it could be used with a silenced decat front section. Finally, silencers (either custom made or off the shelf performance items) could be used to create a standard cat-back exhaust.

All of the above would require metal fabrication of some kind.

The fitting is perfect with all the hangers and brackets in the right places, so the only consideration (and hence the 'project' part) is the connection to the existing (or new) system. As with all of Pro-Speed's work, the finish is second to none. Very high quality welds and complete symmetry with beautifully crafted tailpipes that enhance the car dramatically. The bore of the stainless steel pipework is 2.5" and the tailpipes are 3" and staggered. The is lightweight at approximately 10kg.

£200

Please PM me if you're interested.

The below is shown with the original exhaust so that you can understand where the exhaust must be adjusted and / or cut (this is showing the full section - the above pictures are what is for sale).

Last edited by miketheman2k; 04-03-2009, 06:05 PM.

Hey Mike,
    Hope you are well......Bet that was loud, must have sounded fantastic!! Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Hiya Jason, I'm good thanks - nice to hear from you, hope you're good too.

It wouldn't have sounded out of place on the Mulsanne straight

Comment

hey mike

i think its disgusting that some one would sell such an offensive exhaust and the person who even contemplated using an exhaust without back boxes would be both childish and immature

jiust think of the noise pollution never mind the air polution its this sort of attitude that gives car drivers a bad name

how much is it ??? lol
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Sorry I couldn't quite hear what you were saying over the sound of my exhaust...

You have PM.

Comment

Thanks to those who have PM'd me about this, I'm just uploading a video of the soundclips I have of my car with no rear silencers...so it should give a good idea of what the sound would be like out of the Pro-Speed rear section when connected to the BMW OEM front resonator (i.e. the most straight-forward way it could connect up).

Once the video is uploaded I'll post the link here.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L2B5tEbWi4

Video link....

Comment

Hmmmm, they could be a bit of fun for Le Mans!!!

Could you pm me a price if still available please Mike.
                Black S50

Comment

Just to let other interested parties know, I'm looking for £200 for this. I'm not selling it for profit, but it seems a waste to have a beautifully crafted back-section go to waste.

I can meet people at J.14 of the M1. This can fit in the boot of an M Coupe (just).

Comment

Now sold to Spud400

Thanks for all the interest.

Comment

Working...
                    X