KWV3 being fitted today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWV3 being fitted today...

Thats it really...........Very excited about it........

:) :)

Nice one, Silent Bob!

Look forward to hearing your feedback about them.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Job done!!!

SB----Sounds the "Biz" will you be attending the Nurburgring driving course 3-5 August --www.fahrerlehrgang.info ? HOPE TO MEET UP?
      safetyfast

Comment

I'd be excited too !!!

Are you changing the drop links also?

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
          I'd be excited too !!!

Are you changing the drop links also?
          If he doesn't change them now, i'm sure he will be in a few weeks when the KW ones snap :)

Nice one on getting V3's, please let us know how you find them and more importantly how you decide to set them up.

Current - BMW M6
          Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
          Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            and more importantly how you decide to set them up.

Comment

Enjoy! I know you'll love the difference.

Comment

Please dont mention the setup lol.

Am mildly concerned that we wont be able to get it right......fortunately John (Exdos) has kindly offered to play around with it for me if I can get the car to him....which I think is an offer he may regret :)

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                  Please dont mention the setup lol.

Am mildly concerned that we wont be able to get it right......fortunately John (Exdos) has kindly offered to play around with it for me if I can get the car to him....which I think is an offer he may regret :)
                  As long as the adjusters turn on all the dampers, we'll be able to get the car set up exactly how you want it. No problem.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Hi Matey, did Mark fit these for you?
                    Love it hate it Marmite exterior, Jaffa cake interior... Perfect

Comment

Yep got them fitted by Mark.

Have done a few miles now and am really pleased with the result. Have them set at about 70% stiffness front and about 35-40% stiffness rear and on the lowest ride height.

Apart from the obvious improvement in ride when compared to dampers that had done 90k miles the turn in is better and the car feels much more undercontrol. Changing direction at speed is no longer the heart in mouth experience that it could be at times...

To be honest while the ride is way better, the main improvement I have noted is under braking and acceleration. When braking hard the car no longer nose dives the way it did and remains much better balanced allowing me to concentrate on the line and exit and have more confidence under heavy braking.

The other side of this is that the car doesnt squat at the rear when accelerating hard and the power gets put onto the road in a more immediate way which gives the impression that it 'feels' quicker.

Am going to drive it for a couple of weeks before playing around with the setup but think it probably needs to be a bit stiffer at the front.

Will keep you updated :)

Comment

Working...
                      X