trickle charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickle charger

can anyone suggest a decent trickle charger to buy, a chap from bmw assist has said that bmw make one for their bikes and I could use that for my coupe, I think they are around £60, any suggestions?

I have several batteries on virtually permanent trickle charge and I use the 'conditioners' shown on this link. I have some 12V 1.5 amp and some 2.7 amp versions. I also have a couple of the 24 volt and 6 volt units.

http://www.watchbattery.co.uk/shop/B...shtml#AtTheTop

I have never had a problem with units and I have found this particular supplier to be keen on price and delivery and their after sales service is second to none.

(I have no association with the business other than as a customer)
    I finally arrived at the light at the end of the tunnel only to find it was another tunnel with the light on!

Comment

Battery conditioners

I use CTEK charger and conditioner and found them excellent and also i think best in test in auto express bit pricier than most but they are very good

Comment

many thanks for the replies, looks like we might be in for a pretty cold winter so as the car hardly gets driven I'll get a trickle charger ordered.

Comment

i use an optimte on the bikes, i just disconnect the battery on the coupe as its warm it lasts for ages
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Optimate here too.
            Shunt
            Ex Z3MC 2000
            Ex Z4MC 2007
            Aston V8V
            M135i

Comment

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
              I use CTEK charger and conditioner and found them excellent and also i think best in test in auto express bit pricier than most but they are very good
              Yep I went for a CTEK:

http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/ctek-xs3600.php

As you say think it was best in auto express test, but not sure there's not that much in it!
              -------------------------
              Ex Ex Ex: 1998 M Coupé, Estoril/Estoril+Black. HK+ MD+CD Changer, roof, side bags, lamp wash.
              Ex Ex: 1998 M3 Evo Coupé, Estoril / Blk with all the toys.
              Ex: 2004 Z4 3.0i, Silver / blk with no roof.
              Now: 2003 M3 CSL, Silver Grey, lots of carbon fibre.

Comment

I've ordered a ctek, just wish I did it before the temperatures went below freezing

Comment

I've got a ctek. Excellent kit. Just don't leave it connected to the car without a big reminder notice on the steering wheel if you are going to do what I did.

Took the wife's car 'cos it was on the drive (MC in the garage) thinking she wasn't going out. She was and promptly drove off with the ctek attached !!

Fortunately the wire snapped where it exited the closed boot so it was a simple repair.
                  Col N.
                  Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                  ex Audi S4 Avant
                  ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                  ex Porsche 968

Comment

Originally posted by ZiggyCol View Post
                    I've got a ctek. Excellent kit. Just don't leave it connected to the car without a big reminder notice on the steering wheel if you are going to do what I did.

Took the wife's car 'cos it was on the drive (MC in the garage) thinking she wasn't going out. She was and promptly drove off with the ctek attached !!

Fortunately the wire snapped where it exited the closed boot so it was a simple repair.
                    I've seen other people make up a quick release lead from the battery to the charger which would also help if you forgot it was connected!

Comment

this is what I bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CTEK-MULTI-XS-...item1c0b3e3ec0

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                        Has it arrived yet Dave? Just ordered one from the link, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                          Has it arrived yet Dave? Just ordered one from the link, cheers.
                          yes its arrived but I'm not at home until christmas day, I'll post details when I get it hooked up to my coupe, I havent started the mc for weeks so theres a good chance the battery will be flat already! not sure on how to connect the charger , direct to the battery or on the contacts under bonnet? any advise??

Comment

I always connect my Ctek to the under bonnet contacts, connecting it directly to the battery is too much hassle and doesn´t make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8flex View Post
                              I always connect my Ctek to the under bonnet contacts, connecting it directly to the battery is too much hassle and doesn´t make any difference.
                              my coupe started first time after leaving it for about 8 weeks, I connected the charger using the croc clips under the bonnet- dead easy and ran the cable down the inner wheel arch so the bonnet could be shut

Comment

Working...
                              X