Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Frequently Asked Questions
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Default Braided clutch hose

Hi I have just bought an M coupe, hurrah, anyway, by the time i drove it back over 100 miles the clutch was really low down and very difficult to get gears. It does look like the clutch hose might cure this, but in all the threads I found, none mention the location of the hose needing to be changed apart from the one in the link below. Looks like it is next to the gearbox??

I plan on calling Earls for the hose, could someone confirm this is the hose, the car is an s50 1999. Many thanks Dave

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17894

Alos thinking about gearbox oil change, found asmsol MTF to be rated but no real mention of oil grade is it 75w-80w?

Thanks again Dave
Old 15-09-2019, 08:34 PM

Here’s a pic of mine in-situ. Had it fitted by a friend who worked at my local BMW dealership

Old 15-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Administrator

pictures of a Earls hose,

Old 15-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Amsoil details,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10655
Old 16-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the badger View Post
Hi I have just bought an M coupe, hurrah, anyway, by the time i drove it back over 100 miles the clutch was really low down and very difficult to get gears. It does look like the clutch hose might cure this, but in all the threads I found, none mention the location of the hose needing to be changed apart from the one in the link below. Looks like it is next to the gearbox??

I plan on calling Earls for the hose, could someone confirm this is the hose, the car is an s50 1999. Many thanks Dave

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17894

Alos thinking about gearbox oil change, found asmsol MTF to be rated but no real mention of oil grade is it 75w-80w?

Thanks again Dave

yes its this hose,

Old 16-09-2019, 08:10 AM

Default Muchos gracias

Wow guys, thanks for the help, some very clean undersides there, thank you for your help, will speak to earls and get some fresh gearbox oil too. Thanks again dave
Old 16-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the badger View Post
Wow guys, thanks for the help, some very clean undersides there, thank you for your help, will speak to earls and get some fresh gearbox oil too. Thanks again dave

Congratulations by the way, looks like you can replace the metal bracket and small metal pipe with some replacement hose kits or leave it in and just replace the actual flexi hose.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Default Thanks Dave

Thanks Dave, it's aquarius's old car, it does look awesome, but has only done a few hundred miles in the last 2-3 years so feel it needs a bit of re commissioning. It's going to get an oil change, Earls clutch hose and hopefully gearbox oil as soon as, then think I will drive it and see what else might be needed.

There is a bit of hunting on tick over every now and again and suspect some kind of vanos issue, either the solenoid or gaskets, but isn't all the time so could be clutch drag. Not sure but, in the short term I will get the essentials sorted and look at the later issue maybe next year. Don't think I'll do too many miles in the winter as it's a weekend car. But it's the sexiest car in the world. Would like to get it going as good as it looks.

Pulls hard top end but seems a bit ordinary in the lower rev band. Might bite the bullet next year and go to mr vanos, depending on funds or just get my mechanic to see if the solenoid need resoldering.

Anyway, many thanks for the help and nice to be on the forum. Thanks again Dave
Old 16-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Congrats on the purchase, Badger!

I have a brand new earl's braided clutch hose if you want to make me a sensible offer... Part number CBMWZ3C45SP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1934.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	2919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1933.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	2920  
Old 16-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Default Thanks P J

Thanks P j, but I bought one this morning ordered from Earl's, think they are £23 plus Vat, so £28 ish. Am hoping thats as big as the bills get lol...