Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel flap release cable

Hello all,
    Looking for some help with the part number for the fuel flap release cable,also the little rubber that goes on the quarter panel inside the flap.
    I managed to break the clip when replacing my rear quarters and BMW dealer has failed to locate it on three separate visits.
    Thanks in advance

This is the fuel filler cap holder plastic on fuel flap and part number for bowden cable Part#: 5125 8 410564 (#20 on diagram)
    I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
    sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

That’s brilliant,thanks for your help.
      I was starting to give up and think I was never going to get it back together because of a simple little part.

Comment

Let me know how much of a ball ache it is to replace the cable; I need to do mine....
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I remember it not being too bad when I did mine; just need to drop the rear arch liner and remove the corner trim in the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
            I remember it not being too bad when I did mine; just need to drop the rear arch liner and remove the corner trim in the boot.
            Only Rear Right Arch Liner would be enough I guess
            Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 06:22 PM.
            I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
            sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Possibly yes! I just recall there being the emergency release lever inside, not sure whether that needs to be touched though, can't remember now!

Comment

I have quarters off so no real issue to replace.
                Emergency release Has a loop on it that the cable passes through.
                Should be plenty of space once inner arch liner is removed to replace without it being too much of a fiddle.

Comment

Working...
                X