No announcement yet.

My Imola S50 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update unfortunately unrelated to the M.

The panda is now for sale, as I took delivery of this yesterday:

Safe to say its amazing.

Its going to be perfect for any longer journeys I dont want to make in the M and of course the usual commuting work.

On a more BMW related note, a wheel refurb is the next thing on my list for the Z, hopefully in the next few months.

Depending on how much i continue to take to the fiesta it might even be time to put the old girl up for sale shortly after. Time will tell.

Cheers
    Tom

Comment

Whilst I strangely appreciated the Panda you cannot seriously be considering a Fiesta over your MC?!?!?!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

It certainly wouldn't be the move my heart would make. Not by a long chalk.

And whilst financially I do not need to sell the M, in a years time it would make a lot of sense. I'm not as young as I used to be and at 25 a house is my next big purchase.

The ST is on a silly cheap lease deal, and I bought the Z knowing I would be driving round in my future house deposit.

Its easy to convince myself that I wouldn't have to sell at some point, but sometimes the sensible decisions you dont want to make are the right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by topgeartom View Post
          Its easy to convince myself that I wouldn't have to sell at some point, but sometimes the sensible decisions you dont want to make are the right ones.
          In my very similar experience, I'd also say that sometimes the sensible ones you do make you can also end up regretting.
          Last edited by inkey$; 25-04-2014, 09:09 PM.
          S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

I can understand your dilemma, it's one of the advantages to being 34 that I've passed that stage! Do a sale and leaseback deal....they exist in the aerospace industry so try it for a car!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Jesus you guys make me feel old.

Comment

Had to make a pretty long trip down to Birmingham yesterday for a work related celebration.

Being as the panda is up for sale and the new ST is on a mileage limited lease, it gave me an excellent excuse to uncover and dig out the Z.

Obviously the Z is amazing at eating up miles, but the near constant 50mph limit on the m1 bored me to tears on the way down, so on the return journey I took a detour and snapped a couple of terrible phone pictures:

Tom

Comment

Lovely Tom. Good plan with the detour! Is your car lowered and on different t springs? Also, where did you get your black kidney grilles as I'm after some for my Imola.
                  S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Inkey.

It is indeed lowered very slightly with just a change of springs. Pretty sure they are Spax without going through all my documentation.

The black kidneys were an ebay special i believe.

Comment

She's got a great stance. Just enough without being undrivable in normal conditions! WIll check out ebay for the grilles again. Seen a few on there but it's a coin flip with quality sometimes.
                      S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by inkey$ View Post
                        She's got a great stance. Just enough without being undrivable in normal conditions! WIll check out ebay for the grilles again. Seen a few on there but it's a coin flip with quality sometimes.
                        Absolutely. I went through my old emails to find the supplier on ebay but it looks like they no longer sell them.

Comment

Had the wheels acid dipped and powder coated last week. They were previously repainted to a low standard in completely the wrong shade - very flat with little shine.

Much happier with the new result for the cost - all four for £105:

Tom

Comment

They look good and a very good price!

Comment

Did that price include removing the tyres and putting them back on?

Comment

Originally posted by redrobin View Post
                                Did that price include removing the tyres and putting them back on?
                                Nope.

Local tyre place I use charged £60 to take off the 4 tyres then a week later refit them with new valves and get them all balanced up.

Comment

Working...
                                X